Re: [genpcncfir] ELIZABETH BRILEY

  • awills@att.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2008
      Dear Martha Gay, I wanted to also tell you that there is a Downs/Hicks/Sutton reunion on July 26 in Jamestown, Tennessee, which I am going to attend. It is a small reunion of about 75-100 people from Tennessee, NC, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Texas etc. It happens to take place during the time of the "World's longest flea market" which covers about 4 states, if you like that type of entertainment. There are at least two motels but we stay at the smaller and less expensive Jordan Motel, If you want to get together with me after I get back home, I'll be glad to help you with what I can. Cletus Diwns Lloyd and I have worked on these lines for about 10 years now - although she is a whole lot better at explaining the lines than I will ever be. Good luck for now, and please keep in touch. Arlene (Wills) 919/781-3625, email awills@..., 1112 Manchester Drive, Raleigh NC 27609-5155.
      -------------- Original message from "marthagay.morton" <marthagay.morton@...>: --------------

      LOOKING FOR: ELIZABETH [BETTIE, BETSY] BRILEY
      NAMED AS MOTHER ON DEATH CERTIFICATES FOR 3 OF KENYON DOWNS II
      CHILDREN.
      1] WILEY DOWNS [HAD A TWIN JESSE] b. 14TH FEB 1844 d. 8TH AUG 1935
      2] WINNIE ELIZABETH DOWNS b. circa 1856 d. 1929
      3] JOHN WILLIAM DOWNS B. circa APRIL 1852 d. 17TH SEPTEMBER 1916.
      TO CLARIFY
      KENYON DOWNS I [BELIEVED TO BE SON OF NEHEMIAH DOWNS]
      MARRIED: JULIA THOMAS [DAUGHTER OF ABEL THOMAS].
      IT APPEARS THEIR ONLY SURVIVING CHILD WAS A SON:
      KENYON DOWNS II. HE HAD 9 CHILDREN:
      1] WILEY [m. ARCADIA BULLOCK]
      2] AND JESSE [TWINS] [m. DELLA RANDOLPH]
      3] NEHEMIAH ROBERT
      4] TILLMAN G. [DIED AS A CHILD]
      5] JOHN WILLIAM [m. ELIZABETH THOMAS]
      6] ARTHUR MELTON [m. SARAH NORRIS]
      7] WINNIE ELIZABETH [NEVER MARRIED]
      8] JAMES A. [m. CLARA ELIZABETH SHIVERS, SISTER OF MARTHA JANE]
      9] ANN ELIZA [m. JOHN ROBERT LOCKAMY]

      KENYON DOWNS II MAY HAVE BEEN MARRIED 3X.
      1] ELIZ. BRILEY [NAMED ON DEATH CERTIFICATES]
      2] ELIZABETH DOWNS [NAMED WITH CANNAN DOWNS IN DEED 1859
      RE: LAND OF JACOB MAYO]
      3] MARTHA JANE SHIVERS [WIDOW OF GEORGE BAKER]
      SHE IS PROVEN WIFE OF KENYON II AND MOTHER OF 9] ANN ELIZA.

      THANKS FOR ANY HELP! GLAD TO SHARE INFO ON DOWNS. HAVE NOT BEEN
      SEARCHING BRILEY UNTIL NOW.

      MARTHAGAY