[genpcfr] ROLLINS/ROLLIINGS

  • Janice Tripp Gurganus
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 1999
      Carol asked me to post this message that was sent to her.  Please try to help, if you have information on this family/line.

      Thanks,

      Janice Tripp Gurganus

      From: Ann Avery Hunter <annh@...>

      To: Carol Pridgen Martoccia <psmartoc@...>
      Subject: Pitt Co. Question
      Would you happen to know anything about a Charles ROLLINS/ROLLINGS
      who died in Pitt Co. c. 1847? His daughter Milly m. Jesse LEWIS and
      moved to Wayne Co., GA.

      Ann

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr
    • Elizabeth Ross
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 1999
        Janice, Carol, and Ann, of course,

        Charles Rollins is my ancestor, and altho I've never been able to discern
        his parentage, or his wife Hannah's maiden name, I have been able to piece
        together much of his family. He outlived most of his children, leaving my
        ggg-grandfather (William Ross md. Rebecca Rollins, dau. of Charles) to
        execute his will. I've been told that someone has a copy of the will (the
        courthouse burned!), but has never been forthcoming with sharing it. I did
        locate some lawyer's notes concerning the will, however, and published them
        in a back-issue of the PCFR's PCGQ (Quarterly). I was aware of Milly Lewis,
        but know next to nothing about her--was not sure whether she was a daughter
        or granddaughter. There were many heirs being tracked in the legal notes,
        but the familial relationship was not always stated.

        I'd be pleased to trade some info with you, Ann. Would love to know what
        happened to Milly, and can fill you in on a few of the others who remained
        in Pitt County.

        Meanwhile, you can visit the PCFR website and check out the contents of the
        PCGQ back issues. You might like to order at least the one with the legal
        brief in it. Son John Rollins's will has also been published in the PCGQ. Go
        to:
        http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr/ --you'll see a link to the Quarterly
        contents.

        Betsy Ross

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13, 1999
          any of you great people who are researching rollins run accross a katie
          Rollings who md White Bowden. probably greene or pitt co
          Linda F. Harris
          researching Garris, Andrews, and related families in northern Pitt and
          southern pitt