Lemuel Summerell

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2008
      I went back and read Dorothy Sumrell's notes. The way they
      were aligned I missed the connections. Lemuel was off by
      himself so I did not realize he had brothers and sisters on
      the same page. Here is what she has for this family.

      SOURCE: Dorothy Moye Sumrell (She lists Stewart's
      children, but also some of the grandchildren.)
      Descendants of
      Stewart Sumrele b. ____ (served in Greene County Militia
      War of 1812
      m.
      Lensey or Laney ______
      Children:
      a. Chloe b. ca 1808 m. Asa Martin Listed with Rebecca,
      her sister on 1860 Lenoir Co. Census
      b. Graves Sumerell b. ca 1812
      c. Burton Franklin Summerell b. Nov 16, 1816
      m. Martha Ann Smith (Martha m. 2nd Franklin Bell)
      d. Rebecca Summerell b. ca 1816 Living with
      Graves Summerell on 1850 Pitt Census. Living
      with Asa Martin and Chloe on 1860 Lenoir Co. Census
      e. Grizzy Summerell b. ca 1823 m. Kenon Oxley Living
      with Graves Summerell on Pitt 1850 Census, with
      husband Kenon on 1860 Lenoir Census
      f. Nona Summerell b. ca 1826 Living with Graves
      Summerell on 1850 Pitt Census, living with Kenon
      Oxley and Grizzy on 1860 Lenoir Census.
      g. Lemuel Summerell b. ca 1827 m. Melvina Witherington.