Re: [genpcncfir] Burials

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 23, 2008
      For William Henry Flanagan I have the same information that you listed.
      In the Archibald Flanagan Cemetery east of Farmville I have the following:
      Elma L. Flanagan, Son of W. H. & Alice Flanagan b. Feb 24, 1885 d. Sept 23, 1885

      Please note the burials in the Hollywood Cemetery in Farmville:
      Cemetery Survey Book One
      Elmer Flanagan b. 1885 d. 1885 Looks like he was moved, with new stone
      Alice McArthur Flanagan b. Oct 7, 1865 d. Nov 24, 1945
      William H. Flanagan b. Mar 17, 1858 d. May 25, 1924

      I have Henry Gray Harris m. to Fannie Gurganus. No dates or parents for him.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 23, 2008
        DEATH CERTIFICATE
        W H Flanagan b:17 Mar 1857 Pitt, North Carolina, United States d:25
        May 1924 Raleigh, Wake
        Name: W H Flanagan Gender: Male Race: White Age: 67 Birth Date: 17
        Mar 1857 Birth Place: Pitt, North Carolina, United States Death Date:
        25 May 1924 Death Location: Raleigh, Wake Spouse's Name: Mrs Alice
        Flanagan
        Inmate of state hospital
        CAUSE of death ----Small pox

        Sue
        --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, Marcia McLawhorn
        <marcia_mclawhorn@...> wrote:
        > Bill & Jack,
        > These two on Jack Hall's list of burials (deaths in Hosp.?)
        caught my attention.
        > Flanagan, W.H. (b. - d. 25 May 1924) County of residence - Pitt
        > Harris, Henry G (b. - d. 27 Feb 1915) County of residence - Pitt
        > - - - - - - - - - -
        > Does anyone know if their death & burial info are for the men
        below?

        > William Henry Flanagan and known as W. H. Flanagan born 17 Mar
        1858 in Pitt County to Mary Bell & Archibald H. Flanagan and married
        to Alice McArthur.

        > Henry Gray Harris (birth Jun 1836) in Pitt County to Sarah
        A. 'Sallie' Briley and James Franklin Harris.

        > Marcia

      • rootspuzzle
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 23, 2008
          North Carolina Death Collection, 1908-2004
          Name: Henry G Harris Race: White Age: 67 Date of Birth: 1848 Date of
          Death: 26 Feb 1915 Death County: Wake Death State: North Carolina
          Source Vendor: NC State Archives. North Carolina Deaths, 1908-67

          North Carolina Death Certificates, 1909-1975
          Name: Henry G Harris Gender: Male Race: White Age: 67 Birth Date: abt
          1848 Birth Place: North Carolina, United States Death Date: 26 Feb
          1915 Death Location: Raleigh, Wake Mother's Name: Morris
          Widower
          Senile demintia
          Burial: Hosp Cem

          <marcia_mclawhorn@...> wrote:

          > Bill & Jack,
          > These two on Jack Hall's list of burials (deaths in Hosp.?)
          caught my attention.
          > Flanagan, W.H. (b. - d. 25 May 1924) County of residence - Pitt
          > Harris, Henry G (b. - d. 27 Feb 1915) County of residence - Pitt
          > - - - - - - - - - -
          > Does anyone know if their death & burial info are for the men
          below?

          > William Henry Flanagan and known as W. H. Flanagan born 17 Mar
          1858 in Pitt County to Mary Bell & Archibald H. Flanagan and married
          to Alice McArthur.

          > Henry Gray Harris (birth Jun 1836) in Pitt County to Sarah
          A. 'Sallie' Briley and James Franklin Harris.

          > Marcia

        • Marcia McLawhorn
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 24, 2008
            Thank you for this and W.H. Flanagan research.

            After rechecking my work, I had both a Henry C. and a Henry G. in the same Harris family.

            My info had a mistake and removed "G" (The 1850 census supported keeping Henry Clay Harris in the family). So, now I am unsure of who his birth family was, I will go back to 1850 census. Not now it took my hours to do things today.

            If your record is my Henry, his lack of a wife and Senile demintia may be why his birth year is different than the 1880 & 1900 census. Everything else supports your info as correct.
            Using my DOB with 1880 census, I found this record which matches Bill's info (wife = Fannie Gurganus)
            Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace
            Gray HARRIS Self M Male W 44 NC Farmer NC NC
            Frances HARRIS Wife M Female W 37 NC NC NC
            William HARRIS Other S Male W 17 NC NC NC
            John HARRIS Other S Male W 15 NC NC NC
            Charles HARRIS Other S Male W 13 NC NC NC
            Joseph HARRIS Other S Male W 10 NC NC NC
            David H. HARRIS Other S Male W 8 NC NC NC
            Ida HARRIS Other S Female W 6 NC NC NC
            Maryetta HARRIS Other S Female W 4 NC NC NC
            James HARRIS Other S Male W 3 NC NC NC
            Thomas HARRIS Other S Male W 3M NC NC NC
            Source Information:
            Census Place Pactolus, Pitt, North Carolina
            Family History Library Film 1254978
            NA Film Number T9-0978
            Page Number 439A

            Most of the Gurganus seem to be in Pactolus.
            Marcia

            <marcia_mclawhorn@...> wrote:
            > Henry Gray Harris (birth Jun 1836) in Pitt County to Sarah
            A. 'Sallie' Briley and James Franklin Harris.

            .

          • Marcia McLawhorn
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 24, 2008
              Bill,
              We must have gotten our W.H. Flanagan information from the same source.
              Thanks for your cemetery data. Considering both the new headstone for Elmer (Elma) and the two for Mr Flanagan, my thoughts are that Alice wanted to be buried with her husband and infant son.
              My family is facing that issue now.
              Marcia