HOPKINS & DOWNS

  • marthagay.morton
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2008
      IT HAS BEEN A FEW YEARS SINCE I HAVE POSTED. I AM STILL WORKING ON THE
      DOWNS AND HOPKINS FAMILIES OF PITT, EDGECOMBE AND BEAUFORT COUNTIES. I
      HAVE RESEARCHED QUITE A BIT ON THE NEHEMIAH DOWNS FAMILY AND GLAD TO
      SHARE. WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WORKING ON THESE FAMILIES.
    • Judy N. Lewis
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 18, 2008
        I do not have any Downs in my family but the following is on the record of the estate sale of Jonas Lewis from the Belvoir area of Pitt County:

        "Kingon Downs bought 5 stocks of bees and hives for $3.75"

        Judy

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 18, 2008
          I forgot to tell you the date.  The sale date was December 9, 1873.

          Judy

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 18, 2008
            Martha,
            I don't research these families, but on 24 Jan 2003, Cheryl Ann Jones posted about
            Kinion (sic) DOWNS of Pitt and his possible connection to Nehemiah DOWNS.
            Marcia

            .