Re: [genpcncfir] cannons lenoir co 1900-1750 nc

  • K Murray
    Message 1 of 6 , May 29, 2008
      hi amy  my line is julia cannon bn aug 16 1914---d mar 21 1970 lenoir co nc ---my gf was jesse james cannon bn feb 22 1887-8 dd july 4 1954 lenoir co nc---he ma hattie e skinner bn may 5 1888--dd oct 16 1964 bn & dd lenoir co nc ---my ggf jesse james cannon bn abt 1850 ---dd abt 1896---1900  he ma nancy j bartlett bn 1858 in wayne co nc they were ma in lagrange nc lenoir co in sept 1880---mygggf was james cannon  bn abt 1822 -- dd bef 1880 .he ma edy ; eady or edith .she was bn abt 1828 ithink in nc lenoir co ----i ;ve been told that james cannon bn abt  1822 was the son of  jesse cannon bn abt 1797 & ma charlott ".lottie
      ;   .....i,ve found  a james cannon sr & james cannon jr  on the 1769 dobbs co nc census but haven,t conected the dots yet .---amy i hope this will give you idea of who i,m looking for .i will appreciate any info you have very much and be more than glad  toshare...i am very slow on the computer ---have a great day---ken--615 942 9800--call collect anytime
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2008
        Ken,
        You did a good job presenting your question.

        One more suggestion - Don't put your PHONE NUMBER or ADDRESS on the Internet.
        If you wish, share it with an individual in a private email. This is said for your safety.

        I did not have any of your family on my database.
        I spent hours looking for your Cannon's on the 1880 Census. They are hiding quite well.
        I did find that sometimes the name was spelled CANNAN.

        Nancy J. Bartlett == She might be the daughter of Cynthia & Samuel Bartlett in New Hope, Wayne Co., NC (see below).

        At first, I thought ... her son's name combined his father's and his grandfather's names OR it could be that he was named after "Jesse James," who was a folk hero by this time.

        In your letter to Amy, you said Nancy's husband's given name is listed as "Jesse James" that would make her son a junior and her husband was born before "Jesse James" had become infamous.

        I hope those on the list, who have access to Ancestry, have better success than I
        of finding your family.
        Good Luck, Marcia

        K Murray <tnskin2008@...> wrote:
        ...paraphrased
        my gf jesse james cannon feb 22 1887-8--july 4 1954 ma hattie skinner dd ---oct 16 1964.
        my ggf jesse cannon bn abt 1850 lenoir co nc ma nancy j bartlett bn 1858 in wayne co they ma in lenoir co in lagrange nc sept 1880---
        my gggf was james cannon bn abt 1822 in lenoir co he married edy; eady, or edith bn abtt 1828 lenoir co .
        i pretty much have the siblings and children of jesse james cannon 1887-8 ---1954 to date.
        i need to know any thing you can help me with abt james and edy 1820's on back thur 1700's --1600's.
        my name is ken murray thanks again

        .

        1880 Household:
        Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace
        James R. BARTLET Self S Male W 30 NC Farmer NC NC
        Samuel BARTLET Father M Male W 70 NC NC NC
        Cinthia BARTLET Mother M Female W 60 NC Keeping House NC NC
        Mary BARTLET Sister S Female W 40 NC NC NC
        Nancy BARTLET Sister S Female W 22 NC Works On Farm NC NC
        John BARTLET Son S Male W 16 NC NC NC