Re: [genpcncfir] Re: Elisha Ellis

    Message 1 of 6 , May 15, 2008
      I just threw some emails out.  Don't know if any are yours.

       Paula Baker

      Thomas Mann

      Message 2 of 6 , May 15, 2008
        Donna,

        Elisha Ellis, Sr. died in Edgecombe Co. in 1824. His widow, Charity, died
        in Edgecombe between 1830 and 1840. Elisha, Jr. also died in Edgecombe Co.
        on 2 Nov 1843. His widow, Temperance (b. Abt 1797), and son, Alfred
        Jackson, were in Edgecombe in 1850. Wilson County was formed in 1855 and
        included a part of what was Edgecombe Co. In 1860 Alfred Jackson and
        Temperance were in the Saratoga District of Wilson Co.

        At least one source on the Internet has Temperance's maiden name as
        Batting. In 1800 there were several Batts families in Edgecombe Co. and she
        was living near a Batts family in 1860, so I suspect she was a Batts.

        I don't have a great deal of information, but I'll be happy to send you
        what I have if you send me your email address to samurai369@....

        Sammy Pierce