Re: [genpcncfir] Re: Elisha Ellis

    Message 1 of 6 , May 15 5:44 AM
      Name:Charity Ellis
      Age in 1860:28
      Birth Year:abt 1832
      Birthplace:North Carolina
      Home in 1860:Nahunta, Wayne, North Carolina
      Gender:Female
      Post Office:Nahunta
      Value of real estate:View Image
      Household Members:Name
      Age
      Joshua Ellis 59
      Sally Ellis 63
      Charity Ellis 28
      Bunyan Ellis 25
      Piety Ellis 13
       Paula Baker

      Thomas Mann

      Message 2 of 6 , May 15 5:46 AM
        Name:Viola Owens
        Home in 1900:Saratoga, Wilson, North Carolina
        Age:46
        Estimated Birth Year:abt 1854
        Birthplace:North Carolina
        Relationship to head-of-house:Wife
        Spouse's Name:John
        Race:White
        Occupation:View Image
        Neighbors:View others on page
        Household Members:Name
        Age
        John Owens 52
        Viola Owens 46
        Martha Owens 19
        Harley Owens 17
        Alfred Owens 15
        Johnnie Owens 12
        Bennie Owens 9
        Rosa Owens 7
        Marvin Owens 4

         Paula Baker

        Thomas Mann

        Message 3 of 6 , May 15 5:47 AM
          I just threw some emails out.  Don't know if any are yours.

           Paula Baker

          Thomas Mann

          Message 4 of 6 , May 15 8:50 AM
            Donna,

            Elisha Ellis, Sr. died in Edgecombe Co. in 1824. His widow, Charity, died
            in Edgecombe between 1830 and 1840. Elisha, Jr. also died in Edgecombe Co.
            on 2 Nov 1843. His widow, Temperance (b. Abt 1797), and son, Alfred
            Jackson, were in Edgecombe in 1850. Wilson County was formed in 1855 and
            included a part of what was Edgecombe Co. In 1860 Alfred Jackson and
            Temperance were in the Saratoga District of Wilson Co.

            At least one source on the Internet has Temperance's maiden name as
            Batting. In 1800 there were several Batts families in Edgecombe Co. and she
            was living near a Batts family in 1860, so I suspect she was a Batts.

            I don't have a great deal of information, but I'll be happy to send you
            what I have if you send me your email address to samurai369@....

            Sammy Pierce