Rosa Joyner on 1800 Census

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29 7:21 PM
      1880 NC Census
      Household:

      Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace Lovelace JOYNER Self M Male B 39 NC Farming NC NC Rose JOYNER Wife M Female B 40 NC Keeping House NC NC Julia JOYNER Dau S Female B 17 NC Works On Farm NC NC Susan JOYNER Dau S Female B 7 NC At Home NC NC Lindora JOYNER Dau S Female B 6 NC At Home NC NC Amanda V. JOYNER Dau S Female B 3 NC At Home NC NC Mary Ann JOYNER Other S Female B 5M NC At Home NC NC Sarah E. MOYE Niece S Female B 14 NC Works On Farm NC NC

    • steve Brown
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2008
        Hi, I don't have my info in front of me. My family is part of the Jordan Family of Farmville. Most of Farmville are cousins of mine. My Great Grand Mother was named Sarah Jordan. Her mothers named was Lucy Jordan. The Joyners are cousin of ours. I can't recall at the moment all of the details. Sarah Jordan had many children from Mr. James Bundy. They may not claim us because we are from the other side of the track. I have heard stories that behind the scenes they did support each other. My Grand Mother just recently passed away. Her names was Anne Bess Jefferson. She was one of James Bundy's outside Children. Mr. Bundy has his family tree on Ancestry.com. The Local Farmville elementary school is named after Sam D. Bundy. This was one of James/Jim Bundys children. He also was my Grand mother's brother. The Jordan family share cropped land right off of Joyner's Crossroad. Just for the record, we are a Black American Family. I will check on some of the names you have provided.
        I also had a great grandmother whos names was Lindora.
        She married a Herbert Brown. I don't know if there is any connection. I will check.

        Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...> wrote:

        1880 NC Census
        Household:

        Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace Lovelace JOYNER Self M Male B 39 NC Farming NC NC Rose JOYNER Wife M Female B 40 NC Keeping House NC NC Julia JOYNER Dau S Female B 17 NC Works On Farm NC NC Susan JOYNER Dau S Female B 7 NC At Home NC NC Lindora JOYNER Dau S Female B 6 NC At Home NC NC Amanda V. JOYNER Dau S Female B 3 NC At Home NC NC Mary Ann JOYNER Other S Female B 5M NC At Home NC NC Sarah E. MOYE Niece S Female B 14 NC Works On Farm NC NC

        Source Information:
        Census Place Farmville, Pitt, North Carolina Family History Library Film 1254977 NA Film Number T9-0977 Page Number 340B