Re: [genpcncfir] 1860's Pitt County Map

  • JimAnglim@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 24, 2008
      Dear Betty, Jewelle, Judy and Brenda

      Thank you all so much for the help! - I've got the web link again and also
      some other useful maps.

      Jim

      listings at AOL Autos.

    • JGrimes227@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 24, 2008
        please make sure your response to Jim's request for the map url goes to the
        whole group. Would like to see that map myself.

        John Grimes

        listings at AOL Autos.

      • LdMel1@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 24, 2008
          To find these maps?do you mean to do the search at Yahoo?

          ?Have a blessed day
          Linda

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 25, 2008
            Linda, The maps I use are located by searching the search box just
            above this message ~~~~ then following the below message to locate
            the map needed. ~~~~

            > In the search block type in maps, the listing will show ...Bridge
            > near Falkland ... click on that listing and the maps are listed. I
            > think I use # 4 and #5. ~~~~

            Once there, click on the map to determine the enlarged view needed by
            using the provided tools bar which will appear when you click on the
            selected area of the map. The map can be viewed in the positive or
            negative. A copy of your enlarged view can then be printed for
            future study. Hopes this helps.

            Betty
            JimAnglim@ wrote:
            Help. A year or so ago there was a website with a map of all of
            Pitt County (I think from the 1860's) that showed roads, communities,
            churches as well names and location of some families. I've lost the
            link and hope someone still knows the web address.
            Thanks Jim Anglim
          • Patricia Mersereau
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 25, 2008
              -Go to http://dc.lib.unc.edu/gilmer/
              -Choose North Carolina in the state drop down and press "go"
              -Go down to #5, copy 1, map of eastern NC and click on it
              -Enlarge map to at least 50% (magnifying glass in top section-click
              multiple times)
              -Greenville is located in 5th row, 3rd column close to 4th column
              -Move red box on right around until you get to the area of Pitt
              County you want
              -You might have to enlarge more to see names

              Hope that helps!

              Patricia Mersereau

              --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, JGrimes227@... wrote:

              > please make sure your response to Jim's request for the map url
              goes to the
              > whole group. Would like to see that map myself.
              >
              > John Grimes
              >

              > **************Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S.
              used car