Fw: Gilmer Civil War Maps Collection : Item Viewer

  • Brenda Stocks
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2008
      Jim,
      This is the link to the map for our part of eastern NC. You have to use the tool for magnification ....and it's still very hard to read. There's good
      information on it though with the names of many property owners.
      Brenda

      Subject: Gilmer Civil War Maps Collection : Item Viewer
      http://dc.lib.unc.edu/cdm4/item_viewer.php?CISOROOT=/gilmer&CISOPTR=56&REC=6

    • amaryllish@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 25, 2008
        Just FYI there's a copy of The Gilmer Civil War Map 1863 at LCC. You have to
        ask to see it and it is laminated in several pieces but has family names
        written upon it. I have located my Wainwright's in Greene County. The map covers
        the areas between the Tar River and The Neuse River. Happy Searching, Amy
        Hunt

        listings at AOL Autos.