Re: [genpcncfir] 1860's Pitt County Map

  • JimAnglim@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 23, 2008
      Help. A year or so ago there was a website with a map of all of Pitt County
      (I think from the 1860's) that showed roads, communities, churches as well
      names and location of some families. I've lost the link and hope someone still
      knows the web address.

      Thanks

      Jim Anglim

      listings at AOL Autos.

    • Betty Cobb Batchelor
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 23, 2008
        In the search block type in maps, the listing will show ...Bridge
        near Falkland ... click on that listing and the maps are listed. I
        think I use # 4 and #5.

        Betty

        --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, JimAnglim@... wrote:

        > Help. A year or so ago there was a website with a map of all of
        Pitt County
        > (I think from the 1860's) that showed roads, communities, churches
        as well
        > names and location of some families. I've lost the link and hope
        someone still
        > knows the web address.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Jim Anglim
        >

        > **************Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S.
        used car
        > listings at AOL Autos.
        > (http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851)

      • Judy N. Lewis
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 24, 2008
          Do a search for Gilmer Civil War Map Colleciton............Judy

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 24, 2008
            Dear Betty, Jewelle, Judy and Brenda

            Thank you all so much for the help! - I've got the web link again and also
            some other useful maps.

            Jim

            listings at AOL Autos.

          • JGrimes227@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 24, 2008
              please make sure your response to Jim's request for the map url goes to the
              whole group. Would like to see that map myself.

              John Grimes

              listings at AOL Autos.

            • LdMel1@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 24, 2008
                To find these maps?do you mean to do the search at Yahoo?

                ?Have a blessed day
                Linda

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 25, 2008
                  Linda, The maps I use are located by searching the search box just
                  above this message ~~~~ then following the below message to locate
                  the map needed. ~~~~

                  > In the search block type in maps, the listing will show ...Bridge
                  > near Falkland ... click on that listing and the maps are listed. I
                  > think I use # 4 and #5. ~~~~

                  Once there, click on the map to determine the enlarged view needed by
                  using the provided tools bar which will appear when you click on the
                  selected area of the map. The map can be viewed in the positive or
                  negative. A copy of your enlarged view can then be printed for
                  future study. Hopes this helps.

                  Betty
                  JimAnglim@ wrote:
                  Help. A year or so ago there was a website with a map of all of
                  Pitt County (I think from the 1860's) that showed roads, communities,
                  churches as well names and location of some families. I've lost the
                  link and hope someone still knows the web address.
                  Thanks Jim Anglim
                • Patricia Mersereau
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 25, 2008
                    -Go to http://dc.lib.unc.edu/gilmer/
                    -Choose North Carolina in the state drop down and press "go"
                    -Go down to #5, copy 1, map of eastern NC and click on it
                    -Enlarge map to at least 50% (magnifying glass in top section-click
                    multiple times)
                    -Greenville is located in 5th row, 3rd column close to 4th column
                    -Move red box on right around until you get to the area of Pitt
                    County you want
                    -You might have to enlarge more to see names

                    Hope that helps!

                    Patricia Mersereau