RE: [genpcncfir] Elijah & Tempe (Thomas) Price

  • Evelyn Hendricks
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 22, 2008
      Was this Elijah Price related to Nathaniel who was born about 1790? He lived
      at one time in what now is Greene Co. before moving on to Duplin Co.

      Evelyn

      _____

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 22, 2008
        If he was related to Nathaniel, I do not know about it. What I sent is just
        about all that I know.

        listings at AOL Autos.

      • Winack27@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 22, 2008
          Marcia,
          Yes, I even contributed that, I thank you very, very, much for sending it tho.
          Anne

          listings at AOL Autos.

        • Marcia McLawhorn
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 25, 2008
            Carol,
            Thank you.

            I have mastered google searches. With a lot of patience, I run multiple searches and then just plain luck.

            In this case, "Price" is a word that would get lots of hits on non-genealogy sites.
            I try to eliminate those excess responses by adding different word combinations, because although I may review up to 500 sites for my own research, I will not look at more than 30-40 sites for names I have no interest in, like Price.

            1) One way is using a full name [in quotes] combined with a known location.
            "Elijah price" "Martin" "North Carolina" "Elijah price" "San Augustine, Texas"
            Notice: Since I can't be sure how a County will be in the record, I'd keep it separated from the state, but not so cities.

            2) One way to reduce extra sites is to search for multiple [related] people at the same time. This especially helps if one name is not common. "Elijah price" OR "Temperance Price" OR "Tempe Price" Thomas is too common a name.

            3) Sometimes I add words like "died children married" to try reduce the responses to genealogical data.

            I guess there are other tricks, but I can't think of them now. Reading documents that are found can provide helpful hints for finding new ones.

            Marcia

            Carol Singh <csinghworthington@...> wrote:
            Dear Marcia,
            You are absolutely incredible! How in the world
            did you happen across this information--for my future
            reference.
            Later, Carol

            .