Calico

  • connieventerslewis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2008
      Can anyone tell me exactly where the small town[ Calico ] owned by G.W.
      Venters was actually located, thanks.
    • Bill Kittrell
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2008
        Calico is located at the intersection of NC 43 South and NC 102 about 10 miles south of Greenville as you travel to New Bern. This area was known as Calico. The old Calico school set near this intersection. This was the area of the Venters family.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 20, 2008
          Roger Kammerer wrote articles on both Shelmedine and Calico which are very
          interesting.