Rance Forrest

  • Bill Kittrell
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2008
      I was given a picture of supposedly the Rance and Blanche Forrest family.
      It was taken in front of a two story house with an old model car in front.
      There were 14 people in the picture including children. Does anyone know
      about this family? This is about a 11 x 14 picture.
      The older man must be Rance holding a child of about two, the lady must be
      Blanche is holding a child of about one year. There are three young boys
      and one girl. The others are adults.
    • Bill Kittrell
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 28, 2008
        I believe I have found him. His name is Barron Ransom "Rance" Forrest. Am
        Checking further.
      • Bill Kittrell
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2008
          79. BARRON RANSON7 FORREST (JOSEPHUS L.6, BARROM5, LEMUEL4, REBECCA3,
          WILLIAM2, HENRY1)345. He married BLANCHE GASKINS.
          Children of BARRON FORREST and BLANCHE GASKINS are:
          i. ROGER8 FORREST345.
          ii. LOIS FORREST345, m. E.C. AVERETTE345
        • Marcia McLawhorn
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 29, 2008
            see http://www.geocities.com/~ncsingletons/obitidaforrestsingleton.htm

            Ida Amanda Forrest Singleton
            Born May 19, 1900 Craven County, North Carolina Died January 03, 1990 New Bern, North Carolina
            Singleton VANCEBORO - Mrs. Ida Forrest Singleton, 89, of Route 1, Vanceboro, died Wednesday at Craven Regional Medical Center in New Bern. Her funeral will be conducted at 2 p.m. Friday at Paul Funeral Home in Washington, N. C., by the Rev. Robert Cayton. Burial will be in Singleton Family Cemetery, Route 1, Washington. Mrs. Singleton was a native of Craven County. She was a homemaker and a member of Kitt Swamp Christian Church. Surviving are two daughters, Louise Midgette of Grifton and Peggy McLawhorn of Ernul; three sons, William E. "Bill" Singleton of Emerald Isle, James "J. T." Singleton of Hampton, Va.; Asa C. "Jack" Singleton of Hampton, Va.; two sisters, Mrs. Shelton Brown of Goldsboro and Mrs. Guy Hill of Wake Forest; two brothers, Cliff Forrest of Ayden and Rance Forrest of Vanceboro; nine grandchildren, and eight great-grandchildren. The family will receive friends at the funeral home today from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.

            Obituary submitted July 26, 1999 by a daughter of Ida Forrest Singleton

          • Marcia McLawhorn