Re: [genpcncfir] Need Signatures for trying to get rights to see and visit my Grandchildren

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008
      Dear Shade,
      It has been my experience that when people act ugly
      towards others, it's because they are feeling ugly on
      the inside. Their feelings are directed towards
      others, but those others did not cause those feelings.
      It is likely that your family member is
      experiencing a great deal of grief and anger over the
      loss of his wife and the added responsibilities he now
      has to shoulder. Additionally, he needs a target for
      these feelings. He cannot blame his dead spouse
      directly, so he turns those feelings against the
      people he can blame, usually those who are safe
      targets in the sense that rather than retaliate they
      will be hurting too. It's as if he were saying, "Feel
      my pain, and then talk."
      The targets are usually "safe" also in the sense
      that the aggressor knows they love him and will
      continue to love him even while he is hurting them.
      These people would not dare use such tactics or even
      try them out on someone who does not have a vested
      interest in their behavior. You have a vested interest
      because of your love for the grandchildren and for
      your daughter. These give your family member a "hook,"
      allowing him to get to you.
      I can offer you also the consolation I gave my
      sister, and it will prove equally true in your case I
      trust. He will need you much sooner than you will need
      him.
      Bide your time. Let time work its magic.
      Further, those grandchildren are likely hurting as
      much as you are. Do you think for one minute that they
      are not going to grow up and reach out to you?
      Given their mother's death, what are the chances
      they will reject their mother's mom? Not likely, I'd
      say.
      As for the lawyer, in most cases the initial
      consultation is free. It will not cost you to explore
      your rights and the choices open to you.
      A possible drawback, though, is prolonging or
      intensifying the hostility between you and your
      relative if you do pursue legal remedies.
      Give it careful thought.
      You might also enlist the help of other family
      members who have influence with him and can bring him
      around to seeing your side of things.
      Later, Carol

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs