Re: [genpcncfir] RePrint of 1982 Chronicles of Pitt Co

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2007
      Dear Debbie,
      Contact Liz Sparrow at the Pitt County Family
      Researchers' web or Jewelle Baker through this group.
      PCFR web site: http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr
      You can still order this volume. With shipping, it
      will cost about $60.00.
      It has been an invaluable resource for me, the
      more so, as we moved from North Carolina to Virginia
      when I was a pre-teen.
      Later, Carol
      --- Debbie F Murphy <msfields@...> wrote:

      > How do I get incorrect information in the RePrint
      > and Original of the "1982
      > Chronicles of Pitt County" corrected?

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • Debbie F Murphy
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 13, 2007
        Carol,

        I have both volumes... I was inquiring if there was a way to get information that has all ready been printed that in NOT correct, fixed to the correct information.

        Thanks anyway,

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2008
          Dear Debbie,
          Sorry I misread your question. I think the best
          approach for correcting information would be to
          contact the publishing group. Since you are probably
          not the only one to discover an error, perhaps the
          group would invite everyone wanting to make a
          correction to submit his correction by a certain
          deadline. Then the group could print an errata and
          mail it out to purchasers of the volumes to be
          inserted into their copies.
          In the meantime, I am sure that everyone would
          appreciate it if anyone spotting an error would share
          his knowledge in an e-mail to our membership.
          It would be especially frustrating for persons
          traveling from out-of-state to have made a trip to a
          cemetery to visit the grave of an ancestor only to
          discover that the grave was not where the publication
          had stated.
          I apologize again for not having correctly read
          your question. Thank you for letting me know.
          Later, Carol
          --- Debbie F Murphy <msfields@...> wrote:

          > Carol,
          >
          > I have both volumes... I was inquiring if there was
          > a way to get information that has all ready been
          > printed that in NOT correct, fixed to the correct
          > information.
          >
          > Thanks anyway,
          >
          > Debbie

          Looking for last minute shopping deals?