Re: [genpcncfir] Digest Number 2279

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2007
      Dear Nicole,
      All you have to do is to put your request in
      writing. I have never had to prove my kinship for
      records in the 1800's and farther back.
      To be on the safe side, call the Pitt County
      Courthouse in Greenville, N.C. and ask what
      documentation you need in order to receive these
      records.
      At the courthouse itself, you have only to go to
      the shelves where the books of records are kept and
      browse to your heart's content: birth, death,
      marriage, or whatever.
      The last time I was there, about a year ago, a
      clerk told me, though, that from 1941 and earlier the
      divorce records have been sent to Vital Statistics in
      Raleigh, North Carolina.
      This office is located near Jones Street. It's an
      easy access off Interstate 95--even I couldn't get
      lost. The parking is generous; the restaurants are
      cheap; the food is fantastic; the scenery beautiful;
      and the people sweet! What more could you ask for?
      Again, you can call ahead to the Office of Vital
      Statistics and get the scoop on what you need as
      documentation in order to receive your records.
      Tell them you are researching your family, and
      they will assist you however they can.
      Good luck to you in finding your family.
      If you find any Virginia ties, I will be happy to
      pick up anything you need from Vital Statistics here
      in Richmond. The office is only a hop, skip, and jump
      from my house.
      Later, Carol

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?
    • Jennifer
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 29, 2008
        --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, Nicole Sutti <nsutti@...> wrote:
        >Hello Nicole, I have a picture of my G G Grandfather, James W
        Brewer, who enlisted with George B Singletary here in Greenville.
        He started out with the Pitt Volunteers as a drummer and later served
        with the 27th NC. I have a picture taken of him at Oak Island. I
        would be more than happy to share it with you, just let me know.

        Jennifer
        Pitt Co NC
        > Does anyone have civil war pictures of the soldiers who were from
        Pitt county?

        > Also is there someone who works at the county clerk's office? I
        need some documents on my relatives like birth and death records. If
        not, I will call them directly.

        > Thanks,
        > Nicole

        Form:
        http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%
        20Feb03.htm

        group if you are interested in genealogy discussion and research in
        Pitt and all Eastern and Coastal North Carolina counties.