RePrint of 1982 Chronicles of Pitt Co

  • Debbie F Murphy
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2007
      How do I get incorrect information in the RePrint and Original of the "1982
      Chronicles of Pitt County" corrected?
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2007
        Dear Debbie,
        Contact Liz Sparrow at the Pitt County Family
        Researchers' web or Jewelle Baker through this group.
        PCFR web site: http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr
        You can still order this volume. With shipping, it
        will cost about $60.00.
        It has been an invaluable resource for me, the
        more so, as we moved from North Carolina to Virginia
        when I was a pre-teen.
        Later, Carol
        --- Debbie F Murphy <msfields@...> wrote:

        > How do I get incorrect information in the RePrint
        > and Original of the "1982
        > Chronicles of Pitt County" corrected?

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
      • Debbie F Murphy
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 13, 2007
          Carol,

          I have both volumes... I was inquiring if there was a way to get information that has all ready been printed that in NOT correct, fixed to the correct information.

          Thanks anyway,

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2008
            Dear Debbie,
            Sorry I misread your question. I think the best
            approach for correcting information would be to
            contact the publishing group. Since you are probably
            not the only one to discover an error, perhaps the
            group would invite everyone wanting to make a
            correction to submit his correction by a certain
            deadline. Then the group could print an errata and
            mail it out to purchasers of the volumes to be
            inserted into their copies.
            In the meantime, I am sure that everyone would
            appreciate it if anyone spotting an error would share
            his knowledge in an e-mail to our membership.
            It would be especially frustrating for persons
            traveling from out-of-state to have made a trip to a
            cemetery to visit the grave of an ancestor only to
            discover that the grave was not where the publication
            had stated.
            I apologize again for not having correctly read
            your question. Thank you for letting me know.
            Later, Carol
            --- Debbie F Murphy <msfields@...> wrote:

            > Carol,
            >
            > I have both volumes... I was inquiring if there was
            > a way to get information that has all ready been
            > printed that in NOT correct, fixed to the correct
            > information.
            >
            > Thanks anyway,
            >
            > Debbie

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?