McLawhorn family

  • ecu_chik04
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
      Hi

      I am interested in finding information on a Ruby McLawhorn. The
      information that I have is limited. Based on the stories that I've been
      told, Ruby McLawhorn died after giving birth to my grandmother (around
      July 1920s). So, I(we) never had the opportunity to meet any of her
      family. If anyone have information regarding Ruby McLawhorn (my great
      grandmother), please feel free to contact me.

      Thank you
      L. Starkie
    • Bill Kittrell
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
        Could you give us the name of your grandmother and who she married. Was McLawhorn Ruby's maiden name or married name?

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
          Dear L. Starkie,
          You have come to the correct list. We love to share information and many of us research the McLawhorn family. McLawhorn is my primary research area for over thirty years.

          To that extent, I have ten Ruby McLawhorn's by birth and marriage. However, the three, who are old enough to have a child in 1920, are still alive after 1959. Of course, her first name may not be Ruby. As no one on my list seems to meet your criteria, I am excited that there is another McLawhorn line that I can help research.

          As Bill Kitrell stated, we need a bit more information. So, I too have some questions.
          Who was Ruby's husband [probably is your great-grandfather]?
          Where did your great-grandparents live [your grandmother's birthplace]?

          The "McLawhorn" spelling was created in eastern North Carolina. However by 1920, some with that name had moved to other states. If you are lucky enough to be located in the Greenville, NC area lots of research is available at a mouse click.

          Hope to hear from you soon...

          ecu_chik04 <ecu_chik04@...> wrote:
          Hi
          I am interested in finding information on a Ruby McLawhorn. The information that I have is limited.
          Based on the stories that I've been told, Ruby McLawhorn died after giving birth to my grandmother (around July 1920s). So, I(we) never had the opportunity to meet any of her family.
          If anyone have information regarding Ruby McLawhorn (my great grandmother), please feel free to contact me.

          Thank you
          L. Starkie ._,_.___

          .

        • lisascarola
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
            I have 4 Rubies who married McLawhorns, Ruby Whaley who married Roy
            Alonzo McLawhorn, Ruby Glenn Garris who married Richard Herman
            Mclawhorn, Ruby Sutton who married Daniel Webster McLawhorn, and Ruby O
            Evans who married Eslie Burton McLawhorn. Could any of these be her?

            Lisa Scarola

            --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "ecu_chik04" <ecu_chik04@...> wrote:

            > Hi
            >
            > I am interested in finding information on a Ruby McLawhorn. The
            > information that I have is limited. Based on the stories that I've
            been
            > told, Ruby McLawhorn died after giving birth to my grandmother
            (around
            > July 1920s). So, I(we) never had the opportunity to meet any of her
            > family. If anyone have information regarding Ruby McLawhorn (my great
            > grandmother), please feel free to contact me.
            >
            > Thank you
            > L. Starkie

          • Marcia McLawhorn
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 3, 2007
              Lisa,
              Here are the birth and death years for each Ruby [and her husband] that you listed.
              Marcia

              Ruby Glenn Garris [1899-1979] married Richard Herman Mclawhorn [1890-1971],
              Ruby Sutton [1902-1987] who married Daniel Webster McLawhorn [1857-1931], and
              Ruby Whaley [1905-1984] married Roy Alonzo McLawhon [1898-1976],
              Ruby O. Evans [1909-1989] married Eslie Burton McLawhorn [1907-1960].