[genpcfr] Re: Byrd

  • sparrowsma@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 4 7:34 PM
      Hi,
      In researching the files for Blount I came up with this response.
      I am researching the Blounts from Hinson Blount family and siblings,
      also anything on William Gray or Caroline Carson his wife their
      children or
      John Dawson Blount and Maude Howerton their children and siblings. I am
      the wife of a Blount on his mother's side. I also have a little
      information to share.
      Thanks,
      Paulette
      Faulkner

      <19990525.225626.-168899.7.yngedtn-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr/?start=1531
      > Hi, sorry to be late in answering, but I have not found your Byrd in
      my
      > nest. Of course, I don't have all my files with me, as I'm in my
      > motorhome for the past year, doing research all over the country, am
      in
      > CA right now. Will be back home in FL about the middle of June, can
      look
      > a little more when I get there and unpack all the stuff I've sent
      home.
      > Maybe I can help you then.
      > Thanks,
      > Fannie
      > To find the future by exploring the past,
      > BLOUNT*, BRONSON*, BYRD*, CASON*, FOREMAN*,
      > HAZZARD*, JOHNS*, MARTIN*, MERRITT*, PHILLIPS*,
      > RAY*, SOYSTER*, TILLMAN*, WHITE*, WHITEHURST*,
      > WILKINS*, YOUNG*, and of course, my brick wall, TSIRKONIS*

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr
    • Linda Harris
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 4 9:01 PM
        tell you tell us any thing about your gray family.
        Linda F. Harris
        researching Garris, Andrews, and related families in northern Pitt and
        southern pitt
        >In researching the files for Blount I came up with this response.
        >I am researching the Blounts from Hinson Blount family and siblings,
        >also anything on William Gray or Caroline Carson his wife their
        >children or
        >John Dawson Blount and Maude Howerton their children and siblings. I am
        >the wife of a Blount on his mother's side. I also have a little
        >information to share.
        >Thanks,
        >Paulette
        >Faulkner
        >

        > <19990525.225626.-168899.7.yngedtn-@...> wrote:
        >original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr/?start=1531
        >> Hi, sorry to be late in answering, but I have not found your Byrd in
        >my
        >> nest. Of course, I don't have all my files with me, as I'm in my
        >> motorhome for the past year, doing research all over the country, am
        >in
        >> CA right now. Will be back home in FL about the middle of June, can
        >look
        >> a little more when I get there and unpack all the stuff I've sent
        >home.
        >> Maybe I can help you then.
        >> Thanks,
        >> Fannie
        >> To find the future by exploring the past,
        >> BLOUNT*, BRONSON*, BYRD*, CASON*, FOREMAN*,
        >> HAZZARD*, JOHNS*, MARTIN*, MERRITT*, PHILLIPS*,
        >> RAY*, SOYSTER*, TILLMAN*, WHITE*, WHITEHURST*,
        >> WILKINS*, YOUNG*, and of course, my brick wall, TSIRKONIS*

        >Just Tell Us What You Want...
        >Respond.com - Shopping the World for You!
        >http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/390
        >

        >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr
      • paulette faulkner
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 4 9:40 PM
          Hi,
          It ought to be William Gray Blount and Caroline Carson sorry they were
          married.
          Thanks,
          Paulette

        • pat trigilio
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 5 5:23 AM
            I would love to hear more about this
            pat

          • Cemetaries@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 5 5:15 PM
              Paulette, My Great Grandmother's name was Drecilla Blount, I think from
              Sparta, Ga. she married a McCook, is there any conection? I found her name on
              a dealth cert., I think she was my G. GF's mother, his name was Andrew
              Jackson McCook, he is buried in Wrightsville, Ga. thanks, Andrew McCook Bryan

              eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr
            • STELLVA@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 19, 2001
                Yes, there was the Byrd family of Charles City Co., VA and there was at least
                one other Byrd family on the eastern shore of VA which was prolific; and I
                wouldn't doubt there were others, not to mention those spelled Bird (as the
                spellings were interchangeable early).

                Judy
              • Charles Baldree
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 7, 2001
                  Julian Byrd:

                  I am interested in the Byrd line that lived in or near Pitt Co., NC.
                  Specifically, I am trying to get information on Alfred Byrd who was born
                  about 1802. He married Elizabeth Moore, daughter of Woody Moore. they had
                  a daughter by the name of Delitha Bird who is my grandmother. If you have
                  any information on Alfred Byrd's family I would appreciate hearing from you.

                  Charles Baldree
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 8, 2001
                    Charles Baldree

                    Sorry I can't help you with Alfred Byrd. My brickwall is my ggrandfather -
                    Kilby Byrd, who in the 1870 census lived in the Pink Hill area of Lenoir
                    County. There is some doubt as to his first name - either Enoch or William.
                    He was married to Lettie Tyndall - children were Magruda, Lewis Abner, Senas
                    Davis (my grandfather), James William and John Kilby. If anyone can help,
                    please let me know.
                    Thanks.

                  • robertlcapps
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 15, 2002
                      Here's a good site for anyone reasearching the Byrd family.

                      Marilyn

                      http://stith.packent.com/default.htm