Re: Cemetery Survey of Pitt County (Purchase Information)

  • Margaret Lindsey Smith
    Message 1 of 40 , Nov 4, 2007
      Is the book (or are the books) indexed by name? I wouldn't know in
      which cemeteries to begin to look for my Pitt Co. ancestors!

      Margaret Lindsey Smith
      TURNAGE, BRILEY/BRYLEY, and other lines either definitely or probably
      from Pitt Co.
      Message 40 of 40 , Nov 19, 2007
        Dear Judy,
        Back to our Harris line, Henry Clay Harris was the
        dad of Martha Ann Harris. Her mother was Albritton,
        Henrietta--I recall I think that at the time I began
        researching this line that I was attracted by the
        similarity of her first name to that of her husband.
        Jacob was the bachelor brother who helped raise my
        Cousin Claudius McGowan.
        His brother and second husband of Martha Ann was
        James Harris.
        I learned of the family's raising my infant cousin
        from Mama, who of course had first hand information
        and who knew and thought the world of Martha Ann
        Harris McGowan.
        What Mama told me about the Harris family's love
        and support is also documented in Chronicles I in an
        entry on the Harris family.
        This family has my deepest admiration, gratitude,
        and love.
        To this day, I do not know what caused the death
        of my young uncle Lemuel McGowan, Jr. Mama herself
        said it was reported to have been from Yellow Fever,
        but I have never found any newspaper article or
        mention of the circumstances of his death.
        If anyone knows, whatever the cause, please chime
        in. I do not know either where he was buried.
        Later, Carol

        --- "Judy N. Lewis" <jnlewis@...> wrote:

        > Hello All You Nichols Kin,
        >
        > I am still searching for the family of Susan
        > Elizabeth Nichols, aka Liza, who was born 1819.?She
        > married Robert Harris the son of Charles Harris and
        > Tama McLawhorn.?We know that Robert's brother,
        > Charles F. Harris, married Elizabeth (Betsy) Nichols
        > who was the daughter of Whitney Nichols.?Surely
        > these two brothers married girls that were from the
        > same Nichols lines.?But.....where's the proof!??If
        > Robert and Susan Elizabeth (Liza) ever show up in
        > your research, please let us hear from you.
        >
        > Judy

        === message truncated ===

        Make Yahoo! your homepage.
        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs