Elizabeth Duty who married Micajah Smith

  • lewisloghomes
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2007
      Elizabeth "Betsy" Duty was born in Chatham County, NC. She married
      Micajah Smith in Washington County GA, son of Colby Smith. It is
      believed that she is the daughter of Thomas Duty and Martha Brantley
      (daughter of Joseph Brantley of Chatham County, NC) and also believed
      that she was of Indian descent. The saying goes that after her Mother
      Martha's death that she and her sister, Caroline, migrated to
      Washington County Georgia with their Brantley relatives and the Colby
      Smith family. I found this posted on a community forum. However, I
      have been unable to find out is this is actually true. Anyone having
      information on who she was, please let me know. Thanks.