Re: [genpcncfir] RE: PCFR Oct. 16th Meeting reminder

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 10, 2007
      Dear Roger,
      If I find myself free next Tuesday, I will be
      there. I know that I will miss an invaluable
      educational opportunity if I have to work, but right
      now, it's looking as if that will be the case.
      I'll get back to you with a definite "yes" or "no"
      by next Monday.
      Thanks for your reminder.
      Carol
      --- "Roger E. Kammerer" <kammerer@...> wrote:

      > Just a reminder...... The PCFR Meeting on Oct. 16th
      > will be held at J. Y. Joyner Library, ECUBusiness
      > meeting will be at 6:00 and General Meeting BY
      > 7:00........Meet inside the main door by the clock
      > tower........Free parking has been arranged by the
      > library, please park behind the library in the large
      > parking lot closer to the gym. If you park in a
      > handicap space, please use your handicap tag; do not
      > park in metered spaces. You should not get ticketed,
      > if you do please give the tickets to me and I will
      > give them to the library.Hosted by Maury York, Head
      > of the NC Collection and Special Collections, we
      > will go to the NC Collection first, and then to the
      > Manuscript Collection (Special Collections). He will
      > give us an overview of all their genealogical and
      > historical resources. There will be light
      > refreshments afterward. This should be a very
      > rewarding program and I hope everyone will attend.
      > Please remind your friends who don't have the
      > internet about the meeting. Thanks, Roger Kammerer
      >
      > Get news, entertainment and everything you care
      > about at Live.com. Check it out!

      http://farechase.yahoo.com/
    • Marcia McLawhorn
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 10, 2007
        Carol, Roger and all,
        I hope to be there also. I have had a bit of trouble finding my way driving in NC. It is only 19 miles from Hugo (Lenoir Co.) to Greenville, but somehow it usually takes me 55 miles or more to get there.

        To clarify where I should park [not knowing where the gym is], would
        3) Right on USA-264-Alt <go 2.7 miles>
        4) Left on S Elm St <go 1.2 miles>
        5) Left on E 5th St <go 0.2 mile>
        Get me to the correct parking lot?

        Thanks,
        Marcia McLawhorn

      • Roger E. Kammerer
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 15, 2007
          Just another reminder...... The PCFR Meeting on Tues. Oct. 16th will be held at J. Y. Joyner Library, ECUBusiness meeting will be at 6:00 and General Meeting BY 7:00........Meet inside the main door by the clock tower........Free parking has been arranged by the library, please park behind the library in the large parking lot closer to the gym. If you park in a handicap space, please use your handicap tag; do not park in metered spaces. You should not get ticketed, if you do please give the tickets to me and I will give them to the library.Hosted by Maury York, Head of the NC Collection and Special Collections, we will go to the NC Collection first, and then to the Manuscript Collection (Special Collections). He will give us an overview of all their genealogical and historical resources. There will be light refreshments afterward. This should be a very rewarding program and I hope everyone will attend. Please remind your friends who don't have the internet about the meeting. Thanks, Roger Kammerer
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 16, 2007
            Dear Roger,
            I will be here in Richmond working. Much as I
            regret that, I am looking forward to coming to
            Greenville over both Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks
            to do research.
            Even then, I will be there only a few hours each
            time because I am now working 7 days a week and will
            have to be back in Richmond by 5p.m. on Mondays and by
            2p.m. the rest of the week.
            One solution would be to drive down Monday evening
            after work. Another would be to drive down Sunday
            evening after work and to have most of each Monday to
            spend on research.
            Some day I might be wealthy enough to hold only
            one job--unless someone to whom I owe a favor
            buttonholds me, and honoring my debt, I must oblige.
            Such is the case in which I now find myself. I cannot
            refuse the call of people who cared about me when I
            was in need while owing me not even the time of day.
            "There's a reason," Mama said, "for everything
            that happens."
            Just tell me, please, if you can, what I should be
            when I grow up.
            I really don't know. While I might not ask such a
            question of many people, I know that I can ask it of
            you.
            I do know that your meeting tonight will be rich
            in information and insights, and my thoughts will be
            with each and every one of you.
            Later, Carol

            http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html