[genpcncfir] Noah Thomas Beaman

  • samurai369@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 10, 2007
      Bryan.
      Miss Leah McGlohon has conducted a great deal of research on the McGlohon/McLawhorn/etc. families and provided the wife and children of Noah Thomas Beaman in "The Lewis McGlohon (McLawhorn) Family and Ancestry", Sep 1993, p. 39. Noah's wife was Lila Brooks McGlohon, 3 Feb 1899-18 Mar 1988. She and Noah are buried in the Ayden Cemetery. Their children were Lucille McGlohon Beaman, b. 13 Dec 1917 and m. Rufus French Roberts, and Thomas Lester Beaman, b. 18 July 1921 and m. Lucille Dinah Moore.
      Lila was the daughter of John Lewis McGlohon, 22 Mar 1871-7 Sep 1927, and Sarah Ann "Sallie" Craft, 1 Sep 1872-11 June 1967. They are also buried in the Ayden Cemetery. John Lewis was the son of Frederick Hoyette McGlohon, 11 July 1847-6 Dec 1909, and Elizabeth "Bett" Ellis, 7 May 1851-7 Feb 1922. Sarah Ann was the daughter of Elias H. "Eli" Craft, 23 Apr 1835-23 Sep 1917, and Jane M. Carraway, 23 July 1846-4 May 1925.
      I have McGlohon information from Miss Leah going back another 3 generations. If you would like this data, please contact me separately.
      Sammy Pierce

    • Evelyn Hendricks
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 10, 2007
        The wife of George W. G. Beaman was Penelope Carraway, daughter of Mathew
        Carraway and Nancy Price. Nancy was the daughter of James Price and Martha
        Morgan, daughter of William Morgan of Edgecombe Co.

        Sally Ann Craft may have been the daughter of John Thomas Craft and Chacy
        Chester. The one I have was born in 1870, but is an estimated date. Oh my!
        In reading the message I realize that this Sally Ann Craft is not the one
        you mentioned. Sorry about that.

        I am very happy to have the additional information that you have provided in
        your letter. Penelope Carraway was the sister of my great-grandmother,
        Malvina Carraway. Malvina was born about 1833 and died in Nov. 1924. My
        oldest brother was about four months old when she died.

        Evelyn

        _____

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 10, 2007
          I knew that my Carraway married into the Beaman family. Penelope Carraway
          married George W. B. Beaman. She was the daughter of Mathew Carraway and
          Nancy Price who was the daughter of William Morgan of Edgecombe Co.

          _____

[...]

        • Trish Worthington Cobb
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 10, 2007
            Sammy,

            That is the first time I have seen the name "Hoyette" as Frederick
            McGlohon's middle name.
            I had seen "Hoytte" as the middle name of Elias H. Craft.
            Not disputing your facts. Just wondering about it. Did they both
            have the same middle name?

            Trish

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 10, 2007
              Trish,
              Good catch -- I don't have a middle initial or name for Frederick McGlohon. I have Hoyette as the middle name for Elias "Eli" Craft and made an error transferring names to the email.
              Frederick did have a son with the middle initial H., but I have his middle name as Herbert (think Miss Leah was the source).
              Sammy

            • bryan
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 11, 2007
                Thanks for all the information!!Did anyone have Noah Thomas Beaman
                married to a Ida Corbett?