RE: PCFR Oct. 16th Meeting reminder

  • Roger E. Kammerer
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 9, 2007
      Just a reminder...... The PCFR Meeting on Oct. 16th will be held at J. Y. Joyner Library, ECUBusiness meeting will be at 6:00 and General Meeting BY 7:00........Meet inside the main door by the clock tower........Free parking has been arranged by the library, please park behind the library in the large parking lot closer to the gym. If you park in a handicap space, please use your handicap tag; do not park in metered spaces. You should not get ticketed, if you do please give the tickets to me and I will give them to the library.Hosted by Maury York, Head of the NC Collection and Special Collections, we will go to the NC Collection first, and then to the Manuscript Collection (Special Collections). He will give us an overview of all their genealogical and historical resources. There will be light refreshments afterward. This should be a very rewarding program and I hope everyone will attend. Please remind your friends who don't have the internet about the meeting. Thanks, Roger Kammerer

      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 10, 2007
        Dear Roger,
        If I find myself free next Tuesday, I will be
        there. I know that I will miss an invaluable
        educational opportunity if I have to work, but right
        now, it's looking as if that will be the case.
        I'll get back to you with a definite "yes" or "no"
        by next Monday.
        Thanks for your reminder.
        Carol
        --- "Roger E. Kammerer" <kammerer@...> wrote:

        > Just a reminder...... The PCFR Meeting on Oct. 16th
        > will be held at J. Y. Joyner Library, ECUBusiness
        > meeting will be at 6:00 and General Meeting BY
        > 7:00........Meet inside the main door by the clock
        > tower........Free parking has been arranged by the
        > library, please park behind the library in the large
        > parking lot closer to the gym. If you park in a
        > handicap space, please use your handicap tag; do not
        > park in metered spaces. You should not get ticketed,
        > if you do please give the tickets to me and I will
        > give them to the library.Hosted by Maury York, Head
        > of the NC Collection and Special Collections, we
        > will go to the NC Collection first, and then to the
        > Manuscript Collection (Special Collections). He will
        > give us an overview of all their genealogical and
        > historical resources. There will be light
        > refreshments afterward. This should be a very
        > rewarding program and I hope everyone will attend.
        > Please remind your friends who don't have the
        > internet about the meeting. Thanks, Roger Kammerer
        >
        > Get news, entertainment and everything you care
        > about at Live.com. Check it out!

        http://farechase.yahoo.com/
      • Marcia McLawhorn
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 10, 2007
          Carol, Roger and all,
          I hope to be there also. I have had a bit of trouble finding my way driving in NC. It is only 19 miles from Hugo (Lenoir Co.) to Greenville, but somehow it usually takes me 55 miles or more to get there.

          To clarify where I should park [not knowing where the gym is], would
          3) Right on USA-264-Alt <go 2.7 miles>
          4) Left on S Elm St <go 1.2 miles>
          5) Left on E 5th St <go 0.2 mile>
          Get me to the correct parking lot?

          Thanks,
          Marcia McLawhorn

        • Roger E. Kammerer
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 15, 2007
            Just another reminder...... The PCFR Meeting on Tues. Oct. 16th will be held at J. Y. Joyner Library, ECUBusiness meeting will be at 6:00 and General Meeting BY 7:00........Meet inside the main door by the clock tower........Free parking has been arranged by the library, please park behind the library in the large parking lot closer to the gym. If you park in a handicap space, please use your handicap tag; do not park in metered spaces. You should not get ticketed, if you do please give the tickets to me and I will give them to the library.Hosted by Maury York, Head of the NC Collection and Special Collections, we will go to the NC Collection first, and then to the Manuscript Collection (Special Collections). He will give us an overview of all their genealogical and historical resources. There will be light refreshments afterward. This should be a very rewarding program and I hope everyone will attend. Please remind your friends who don't have the internet about the meeting. Thanks, Roger Kammerer
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 16, 2007
              Dear Roger,
              I will be here in Richmond working. Much as I
              regret that, I am looking forward to coming to
              Greenville over both Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks
              to do research.
              Even then, I will be there only a few hours each
              time because I am now working 7 days a week and will
              have to be back in Richmond by 5p.m. on Mondays and by
              2p.m. the rest of the week.
              One solution would be to drive down Monday evening
              after work. Another would be to drive down Sunday
              evening after work and to have most of each Monday to
              spend on research.
              Some day I might be wealthy enough to hold only
              one job--unless someone to whom I owe a favor
              buttonholds me, and honoring my debt, I must oblige.
              Such is the case in which I now find myself. I cannot
              refuse the call of people who cared about me when I
              was in need while owing me not even the time of day.
              "There's a reason," Mama said, "for everything
              that happens."
              Just tell me, please, if you can, what I should be
              when I grow up.
              I really don't know. While I might not ask such a
              question of many people, I know that I can ask it of
              you.
              I do know that your meeting tonight will be rich
              in information and insights, and my thoughts will be
              with each and every one of you.
              Later, Carol

              http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html