[genpcfr] Re: Nelson Political Power

  • Elizabeth Ross
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 1999
      ----Original Message Follows----
      From: pat trigilio <ptrigilio@...>
      You mentioned the Nelson Political and religious background. Do you have
      any info on that??????
      Pat
      ----
      Judge William Nelson was a lawyer and a judge; his father was the President
      of the Virginia Council (THE governing body at the time); his uncle Thomas
      Nelson was the Secretary of the Virginia Council; his brother Thomas Nelson
      signed the Declaration of Independence and was later Governor of
      Virginia...etc. All of this, and much more, is outlined in history
      books--any good library should offer several references.

      The William and Mary Quarterly is now on line. Try typing "Nelson" in the
      search engine, and you'll get enough reading to last several days! Go to
      http://http://www.jstor.org/ (they have many journals on-line--make sure you
      are selecting the W&M Q. before starting your search). The interface is
      quite easy to use; you shouldn't have any trouble navigating this website.

      I've spent many hours with jstor--it's great reading no matter what kind of
      research you're doing, or even if you just feel like reading anything at
      all!

      Have fun.
      Betsy

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr
    • pat trigilio
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 1999
        Betsy, I went to that site, but it wouldn't let me in.
        Pat
        Is there anything on there pertaining to our Nelsons????????