Fw: [ALL] New family history website from Salt Lake City

  • Julian Byrd
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 29, 2007
      From: <alenkner@...>
      To: <Recipient list suppressed:>
      Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2007 6:10 PM
      Subject: [ALL] New family history website from Salt Lake City

      > The Family History Department in Salt Lake City has developed a new
      > research
      > support tool <www.FamilySearchWiki.org>. This resource has been developed
      > help make family history research advice easier to find and share. There
      > are
      > two ways to search the site; Keyword search or Browse by country.
      > FamilySearchWiki is intended as an online community for family history
      > researchers and those interested in learning how to be more successful in
      > the
      > search for their ancestors. This site includes all research outlines
      > published
      > by the Family History Library and many other articles never published such
      > as
      > the wiki material for Japan, China and India. Go ahead, take it for a spin
      > and
      > feel free to tell others about it.

    • Roger E. Kammerer
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2007
        Just a reminder......

        The PCFR Meeting on Oct. 16th will be held at J. Y. Joyner Library, ECU
        Business meeting will be at 6:00 and General Meeting BY 7:00........
        Meet inside the main door by the clock tower........
        Free parking has been arranged by the library, please park behind the library in the large parking lot closer to the gym. If you park in a handicap space, please use your handicap tag; do not park in metered spaces. You should not get ticketed, if you do please give the tickets to me and I will give them to the library.
        Hosted by Maury York, Head of the NC Collection and Special Collections, we will go to the NC Collection first, and then to the Manuscript Collection (Special Collections). He will give us an overview of all their genealogical and historical resources. There will be light refreshments afterward. This should be a very rewarding program and I hope everyone will attend. Please remind your friends who don't have the internet about the meeting. Thanks, Roger Kammerer
      • Roger E. Kammerer
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 9, 2007

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 10, 2007
            Dear Roger,
            If I find myself free next Tuesday, I will be
            there. I know that I will miss an invaluable
            educational opportunity if I have to work, but right
            now, it's looking as if that will be the case.
            I'll get back to you with a definite "yes" or "no"
            by next Monday.
            Thanks for your reminder.
            Carol
            --- "Roger E. Kammerer" <kammerer@...> wrote:

            > Just a reminder...... The PCFR Meeting on Oct. 16th
            > will be held at J. Y. Joyner Library, ECUBusiness
            > meeting will be at 6:00 and General Meeting BY
            > 7:00........Meet inside the main door by the clock
            > tower........Free parking has been arranged by the
            > library, please park behind the library in the large
            > parking lot closer to the gym. If you park in a
            > handicap space, please use your handicap tag; do not
            > park in metered spaces. You should not get ticketed,
            > if you do please give the tickets to me and I will
            > give them to the library.Hosted by Maury York, Head
            > of the NC Collection and Special Collections, we
            > will go to the NC Collection first, and then to the
            > Manuscript Collection (Special Collections). He will
            > give us an overview of all their genealogical and
            > historical resources. There will be light
            > refreshments afterward. This should be a very
            > rewarding program and I hope everyone will attend.
            > Please remind your friends who don't have the
            > internet about the meeting. Thanks, Roger Kammerer
            >
            > Get news, entertainment and everything you care
            > about at Live.com. Check it out!

            http://farechase.yahoo.com/
          • Marcia McLawhorn
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 10, 2007
              Carol, Roger and all,
              I hope to be there also. I have had a bit of trouble finding my way driving in NC. It is only 19 miles from Hugo (Lenoir Co.) to Greenville, but somehow it usually takes me 55 miles or more to get there.

              To clarify where I should park [not knowing where the gym is], would
              3) Right on USA-264-Alt <go 2.7 miles>
              4) Left on S Elm St <go 1.2 miles>
              5) Left on E 5th St <go 0.2 mile>
              Get me to the correct parking lot?

              Thanks,
              Marcia McLawhorn

            • Roger E. Kammerer
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 15, 2007
                Just another reminder...... The PCFR Meeting on Tues. Oct. 16th will be held at J. Y. Joyner Library, ECUBusiness meeting will be at 6:00 and General Meeting BY 7:00........Meet inside the main door by the clock tower........Free parking has been arranged by the library, please park behind the library in the large parking lot closer to the gym. If you park in a handicap space, please use your handicap tag; do not park in metered spaces. You should not get ticketed, if you do please give the tickets to me and I will give them to the library.Hosted by Maury York, Head of the NC Collection and Special Collections, we will go to the NC Collection first, and then to the Manuscript Collection (Special Collections). He will give us an overview of all their genealogical and historical resources. There will be light refreshments afterward. This should be a very rewarding program and I hope everyone will attend. Please remind your friends who don't have the internet about the meeting. Thanks, Roger Kammerer
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 16, 2007
                  Dear Roger,
                  I will be here in Richmond working. Much as I
                  regret that, I am looking forward to coming to
                  Greenville over both Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks
                  to do research.
                  Even then, I will be there only a few hours each
                  time because I am now working 7 days a week and will
                  have to be back in Richmond by 5p.m. on Mondays and by
                  2p.m. the rest of the week.
                  One solution would be to drive down Monday evening
                  after work. Another would be to drive down Sunday
                  evening after work and to have most of each Monday to
                  spend on research.
                  Some day I might be wealthy enough to hold only
                  one job--unless someone to whom I owe a favor
                  buttonholds me, and honoring my debt, I must oblige.
                  Such is the case in which I now find myself. I cannot
                  refuse the call of people who cared about me when I
                  was in need while owing me not even the time of day.
                  "There's a reason," Mama said, "for everything
                  that happens."
                  Just tell me, please, if you can, what I should be
                  when I grow up.
                  I really don't know. While I might not ask such a
                  question of many people, I know that I can ask it of
                  you.
                  I do know that your meeting tonight will be rich
                  in information and insights, and my thoughts will be
                  with each and every one of you.
                  Later, Carol

                  http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html