Re: [genpcncfir] Haywood Dail

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 18, 2007
      Dear Marcia,
      The Dail in Greenwood may be my relative. I'll ask
      Uncle Wes what he knows about Uncle Dick, as we called
      him.
      I know that he lived in Greenville. Like all the
      Braxton men, he was always wore a suit and tie in
      public. Even if he were coming to our house in the
      evening with no plans to go anywhere else, he was
      dressed up.
      Yet he wasn't stand offish or hesitant to play with
      us children because he was afraid of getting his
      clothes messed up.
      Among us, he was a completely relaxed and
      down-to-earth. That's why it was such a surprise to me
      to learn that he was somebody because he never put on
      any airs whatsoever.
      What a good person this man was!
      Mama and Uncle Mark for their part could not have
      been more supportive of East Carolina Medical School
      than if they had owned it--just for the record.
      However, they also made a point of never letting
      either religion or politics come between them and
      anyone else. These matters they simply never discussed
      outside our home, and where they knew that someone
      differed from them, they politely changed the subject
      or when they could not, they listened and nodded as if
      they agreed 100% with the speaker.
      Of course, I was shocked on those occasions because
      we were very open in expressing our views at home. It
      took several conversations from both Mama and Uncle
      Mark to teach me the wisdom of their ways.
      Sorry about your computer but glad you have a
      warranty. Isn't it just devastating when you so look
      forward to something new, and then it doesn't work?
      Thanks for helping me again with my research, Carol
      --- Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...>