[genpcfr] Re: Fields

  • LdMel1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 1999
      Hesssey is Hepsie b 1857 d 13 June 1933 ma Richard Hill. Death certificate
      shows Richard and Dovey Fields as parents..They are my ggrandparents.
      Lemmuel called Lam sometimes ma Betty ? which could be Elizabeth Stanton.
      Thomas b 1849 ma Louiza Hill sister of Richard Hill. Susan ma Thomas Bunn
      not Hughes according to her granddaughter Frances Clemons and family records.
      Richard Jr ma Lida Stallings and their family Bible is in print in the
      Wilson Library. I still haven't learned anything about the other names which
      one could be Annie. She is my other ggrandmother and she was older than
      sister Hepsie. I think in the Bible of Richard Jr it shows his mother as
      Sallie. Which would confirm 1st wife Dovey ? and 2nd wife Sallie ? I think
      Waters. I'm thankful to learn the name Elizabeth Stanton I can ask my aunt
      if she remembers since she turned 95 her mind is beginning to be very
      forgetful. I am working on getting the family Bible to Raleigh for them to
      preserve so I can get it published, but don't know when I'll get there Mother
      will not let it out of her sight and she is 82 and can't go to Raleigh
      anytime. Sorry to keep you so long.
      Good night and thanks.
      Linda

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr
    • Martha Marble
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 2, 1999
        Linda,

        Could you transcribe that Bible and put it on the appropriate County
        website along with the information from the first page? Once you are able
        to copy it, Heritage Place, Lenoir County Community College would like a
        copy. Having Richard Hill's sister's name might help me eventually identify
        WHICH Richard Hill this was.

        Martha