Arthur Rountree

  • Sue Jones Overton
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2007
      Can someone help this lady with her research? Thanks. Hope everyone is doing okay, and have a nice Labor Day. D Sue Jones Overton

      DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE **
      Reply to rmsinclair@...

      Dear Sue Jones Overton

      you have received a message from Rose Sinclair

      Rose Sinclair said ..
      In your research have you come across any reference to Arthur Rountree born in Burke. It is possible he was William Arthur since this is what his son Mills named his son. He would have been a brother to Moses, James and Francis. We are sure his father is William who came to what was originally St. George Parish and granted land in 1765 from NC. When he married Louisa Powell in 1801 in Jefferson he was listed as coming from Washington county which was originally part of Burke(St.George)After her death, he married Argent Sutton in Jefferson. We know his father William came from Pitt NC around 1760 along with a cousin Reubin.

      Message forwarded by TribalPages Support

      ** DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE **
      Reply to rmsinclair@...