[genpcfr] Re: Fields

  • Martha Marble
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 1999
      What I have does give a son Samuel for Richard. Most people make a mistake
      on S and L during this time. "S"amuel bc 1851 md lst 4 Dec 4 1878 Elizabeth
      Stanton md 2nd 18 Nov 1912 Mack Lee Ham Russell. Note is this information
      came from census and "other records" no indication of what the other
      records are. Sounds like a Bible to me. The line is not followed. Other
      children of Richard - Flora, Eveline, Alice, Thomas, Cynthia, Hesssey,
      Alexander md Mollie Parris, Susan md Thomas Hughes, Richard. Would not call
      this well documented.

      This is probably Lemuel.

      Martha

    • LdMel1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 1999
        Hesssey is Hepsie b 1857 d 13 June 1933 ma Richard Hill. Death certificate
        shows Richard and Dovey Fields as parents..They are my ggrandparents.
        Lemmuel called Lam sometimes ma Betty ? which could be Elizabeth Stanton.
        Thomas b 1849 ma Louiza Hill sister of Richard Hill. Susan ma Thomas Bunn
        not Hughes according to her granddaughter Frances Clemons and family records.
        Richard Jr ma Lida Stallings and their family Bible is in print in the
        Wilson Library. I still haven't learned anything about the other names which
        one could be Annie. She is my other ggrandmother and she was older than
        sister Hepsie. I think in the Bible of Richard Jr it shows his mother as
        Sallie. Which would confirm 1st wife Dovey ? and 2nd wife Sallie ? I think
        Waters. I'm thankful to learn the name Elizabeth Stanton I can ask my aunt
        if she remembers since she turned 95 her mind is beginning to be very
        forgetful. I am working on getting the family Bible to Raleigh for them to
        preserve so I can get it published, but don't know when I'll get there Mother
        will not let it out of her sight and she is 82 and can't go to Raleigh
        anytime. Sorry to keep you so long.
        Good night and thanks.
        Linda

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 2, 1999
          Linda,

          Could you transcribe that Bible and put it on the appropriate County
          website along with the information from the first page? Once you are able
          to copy it, Heritage Place, Lenoir County Community College would like a
          copy. Having Richard Hill's sister's name might help me eventually identify
          WHICH Richard Hill this was.

          Martha