[genpcfr] Re: Fields

  • Martha Marble
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 1999
      Linda,

      Thought I had something, but have gone through a stack of papers and don't
      see anything on Lemuel or Jeremiah. Most of what I have is on Shadrack.
      Sorry I can't be of any assistance.

      Martha

    • LdMel1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 1999
        I thought Lemuel was a son of Richard and grandson of Shadrack. I guess I am
        still confused. Thanks for all you help I'll just keep digging.
        Linda

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 1999
          What I have does give a son Samuel for Richard. Most people make a mistake
          on S and L during this time. "S"amuel bc 1851 md lst 4 Dec 4 1878 Elizabeth
          Stanton md 2nd 18 Nov 1912 Mack Lee Ham Russell. Note is this information
          came from census and "other records" no indication of what the other
          records are. Sounds like a Bible to me. The line is not followed. Other
          children of Richard - Flora, Eveline, Alice, Thomas, Cynthia, Hesssey,
          Alexander md Mollie Parris, Susan md Thomas Hughes, Richard. Would not call
          this well documented.

          This is probably Lemuel.

          Martha

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 1999
            Hesssey is Hepsie b 1857 d 13 June 1933 ma Richard Hill. Death certificate
            shows Richard and Dovey Fields as parents..They are my ggrandparents.
            Lemmuel called Lam sometimes ma Betty ? which could be Elizabeth Stanton.
            Thomas b 1849 ma Louiza Hill sister of Richard Hill. Susan ma Thomas Bunn
            not Hughes according to her granddaughter Frances Clemons and family records.
            Richard Jr ma Lida Stallings and their family Bible is in print in the
            Wilson Library. I still haven't learned anything about the other names which
            one could be Annie. She is my other ggrandmother and she was older than
            sister Hepsie. I think in the Bible of Richard Jr it shows his mother as
            Sallie. Which would confirm 1st wife Dovey ? and 2nd wife Sallie ? I think
            Waters. I'm thankful to learn the name Elizabeth Stanton I can ask my aunt
            if she remembers since she turned 95 her mind is beginning to be very
            forgetful. I am working on getting the family Bible to Raleigh for them to
            preserve so I can get it published, but don't know when I'll get there Mother
            will not let it out of her sight and she is 82 and can't go to Raleigh
            anytime. Sorry to keep you so long.
            Good night and thanks.
            Linda

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 1999
              Linda,

              Could you transcribe that Bible and put it on the appropriate County
              website along with the information from the first page? Once you are able
              to copy it, Heritage Place, Lenoir County Community College would like a
              copy. Having Richard Hill's sister's name might help me eventually identify
              WHICH Richard Hill this was.

              Martha