Re: [genpcncfir] Cherry family of Pitt (Beaufort) County

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 27 1:45 PM
      Dear Liz,
      I did not know that John Cherry was a minister. I
      have never seen his will. Can you tell me where I can
      find it?
      In Chronicles I and the following pages on the
      Cherry line, that line is not linked to the McGowans.
      Additionally, I do not think the McGowans had separate
      entries on their line. Then there is Gatsey Llwellyn
      Cherry's line to William Teel as well as to Catherine
      Teel, the second wife of John McGowan my great
      grandfather.
      However, when I corresponded with John Teel about
      Rachel Teel the first wife of John McGowan and mother
      of the four sons mentioned in his will, John Teel knew
      nothing about her.
      I would think it very odd, given the McGowan
      tradition of marrying related women, if Rachel turned
      out to be totally unrelated to these Teels.
      However, accepting that possibility, if you know
      anyone who might have Teel information or whose family
      is not related to that of John Teel, I would be
      grateful if you would pass along my information and
      ask if anyone would be willing to share information
      about Rachel. I do not even know where she is buried.
      Thanks, Carol