Re:LANG DEATHS

  • Nancy Meadows
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 13, 2007
      The list of Lang deaths is very interesting. Does anyone have any knowledge on where the first Elisha Lang came from? I have heard from Germany around 1845, but I do not have any proof or place in Germany. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you.

    • Marcia McLawhorn
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 14, 2007
        Nancy,
        I have not researched the Lang family, but I think 1845 is a little late. Research that I have seen has an Elisha Lang born in German as the father of two sons, both born in Pitt county. The sons birth dates were given as 1815 and 1820.

        I too have German ancestors, who came from Baden area about this time. Germany isn't even a country yet, but there is a lot of upheaval in the country's area. The age of German Confederation is pegged at 1815 thru 1866.

        Prior to that date - In 1806, Prussia reentered a war against France. They were badly beaten, resulting in loss of land and national humiliation. There was a great program of social and military reform. "A revitalized Prussia joined with Austria and Russia to defeat Napoleon at the Battle of Leipzig in late 1813 and drove him out of Germany. Prussian forces under General Gebhard von Bluecher were essential to the final victory over Napoleon at the Battle of Waterloo in 1815."

        All that fighting! Not a place, I would want to be residing, much less raise a family.
        Marcia

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 14, 2007
          Bill,
          When I processed your data, I had two records that conflicted with what I had, but no time to do anything about it. When I went back to report it I could not find these issues.

          Here I tried to link your data with what I had.

          Anyone, correct me if I am wrong -
          Marcia

          = = = = =
          1) Elisha Lang, German immigrant

          09/30/1914 [Lang, John] [Lang, John] [Stox, Mary]
          John Lang [1815-?], the father of deceased John Lang [?-1914] and the son of Elisha Lang, the German immigrant. He must be born before 1794.

          02/20/1930 [Lang, John E.] [Lang, Elisha] [Wilson, Josephine] - father
          11/03/1961 [Lang, Jamie Elisha] [Lang, John Edward] [Smith, Mary] - son
          05/15/1924 [Lang, Mary L.] [Lang, Ed] [Smith, Mary L.] - daughter
          Elisha Lang [1848-1909] is brother of the deceased John Lang above.

          07/02/1953 [Lang, Robert] [Lang, Henry] [Stocks, Mary]
          W. Henry Lang [1883-1939] is brother of deceased John E. Lang above.
          = = = = =
          2) Unknown Origin

          07/31/1914 [Lang, William M.] [Lang, William G.] [Moye, Anna Pricella]
          William Gray Lang [1830-1904], the father of deceased William Moye Lang [aft 1856-1914] is son of Ann Maria Rogers and Robert Joseph Lang [1803-1854], who is the son of Elizabeth May and John Lang [bef 1782-?]. Is it possible that this John is brother of Elisha Lang, the German immigrant?

          02/14/1941 [Lang, David Franklin] [Lang, Robert] [Ward, Laura Tyson] - son
          04/01/1958 [Lang, Roland Octavius] [Lang, Robert] [Ward, Louise] - son
          both sons of Robert Joseph Lang [1841-1892], the brother of William Grey Lang above.
          = = = = =
          3) Wives

          02/24/1929 [Lang, Maria] [Wayne, Henry] [Harper, Maggie]
          Unknown husband.

          05/26/1954 [Lang, Mary Keel] [Keel, Thomas E.] [May, Penelope]
          Unknown husband.

          12/13/1954 [Lang, Mary Lewis] [Lewis, James T.] [May, Mary P.]
          Born 7 Jan 1875, whose husband is Albert Van Meter Lang [1875-1909], who is the son of Zilphia Elizabeth Baker and John Adams Lang [1843-aft 1926] and nephew of William Grey Lang above.

          12/15/1955 [Lang, Mary Joyner] [Joyner, Richard L.] [Barrow, Bertha]
          Born 11 Mar 1884, whose husband is Tony Ward Lang [1884-1965], the brother of David Franklin and Roland Octavius Lang above.

        • charityackerman
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 28 4:36 AM
            Marsha & Bill
            I have an Elisha Lang born about 1820- he was married to Louise ( Lewea) Stocks. She was my gggrandfather 's first wife.

          • Charity Ackerman
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 28 4:42 AM
              Opps, my gggrandfather was John LAUGHINGHOUSE Nelson. She was a widow when they married
              Charity

              Sent from my iPad