Re: [genpcncfir] Re: Jackson Family pictures

    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 26, 2007
      Dear Sue,
      I have been reading over this information and
      integrating it with what I know and with what I
      guessed at.
      The guessed part was that John Carraway, given his
      being an older man, had been married before. Chances
      were that he also had children by the prior marriage
      and that he was either divorced or widowed. I favored
      the widowed, divorce not being very common.
      So I was right with my guesses. The half siblings
      came from his prior marriage.
      I had thought that Agnes herself could have had a
      brief prior marriage with children, but given her age,
      that would have been less likely than that John had
      had children from a prior marriage.
      Of course, the third possibility was that John and
      Agnes had children together, that John had died, and
      that Agnes had married another Carraway man whom the
      records did not show. This would have been the most
      unlikely of the possibilities I would have selected.
      I knew that Agnes had also married a Clark. Some
      records showed him as the first husband. I did not
      think this likely. Therefore, I began searching to
      find out the truth.
      Finally, I did not know who were siblings and who
      were half siblings.
      Thank you so much for taking the time to track this
      family for me.
      Later, Carol

      Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
      http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222