Re: [genpcncfir] John T. Carraway

    Message 1 of 36 , Jun 19, 2007
      Dear Marcia,
      Here's what I have from my cousin whose male great
      grandparent John Carraway.
      She wrote only hours after your e-mail but after I
      had left for the week.
      She identifies one of her uncles as Robert
      Carraway. Another was Frank. That's what I had already
      from another cousin.
      Then she mentions a third whose name she thinks was
      Joe Henry Carraway but not a brother of her
      grandmother Louise Braxton, my cousin and great aunt.
      I think he must have been a child of one of Cousin
      Louise's uncles.
      My young cousin who is the grandchild says that her
      Uncle Robert Carraway was really there for her after
      our Cousin Lester Green Braxton, her grandfather,
      died. She said that he became a second grandfather to
      her.
      Obviously we owe this family a tremendous debt for
      its love and support. I do hope that someone who knows
      them lets them know that we will always cherish them
      for their loving kindness to one of our own.
      Later, Carol
      --- Marcia McLawhorn <marcia_mclawhorn@...>

      __________________________________________________________Ready
      > for the edge of your seat?
      > http://tv.yahoo.com/

      Got a little couch potato?
    • Marcia McLawhorn
      Message 36 of 36 , Jun 20, 2007
        Bill,
        If you can't talk genealogy with a fellow researcher, who can you talk to?

        It is interesting that the name, Mourning is spelled Moring is Alabama now. It is the older spelling [Mourning] in North Carolina.

        My research name of McLawhorn, which is NOT the original spelling, but it became
        McGlowen in Alabama, McGlawn in Georgia & Mississippi, McGlone in Kentucky.
        Marcia

        billgaylearnold@... wrote:
        That's the family. You are right: He would be listed as J. G. Morning; J.
        G. for James Gillespie. Today, the name is spelled Moring and pronounced that way by the citified part of the family. Older records spelled it Mourning,
        and my parents and grandparents pronounced it that way.

        .