RE: [genpcncfir] Salzburg

  • Evelyn Hendricks
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2007
      Thank you, Carol. I have checked most of the places you mention. Remember
      that this is a very early date for Georgia. What I am really trying to find
      is the Internet site that covers birth and baptism records for Salzburg and
      Austria. I just cannot recall the name of the site. All of my searches have
      produced nothing, but I know I saw it . It was one of the sites that you
      have to pay for. They were having their three days free trial period. It
      seems that it started with a “g.” Is there a site called something like
      “genealogy” that would have early records for European countries. The site I
      saw was in English except for the actual records that were photocopied.

      Evelyn

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2007
        Dear Evelyn,
        Let me check some sources today to see if I can
        find the answer for you.
        As for boundaries, if I remember correctly, these
        changed following World War II. As you know, Hitler
        took over many neighboring countries. After the war,
        the Allies re-drew the boundaries of some of these
        countries to keep its fellow allies happy whether or
        not the citizens of these countries were themselves
        pleased with abruptly finding themselves citizens of
        some other country.
        Later, Carol

        === message truncated ===