RE: [genpcncfir] Re: (unknown)

  • Evelyn Hendricks
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2007
      His name was Johan Georg Heidt, born in Salzburg. I had always thought it
      was in Austria, but someone has said it was in Westpruessen, Prussia. I
      don’t know if the bounderies changed thus changing the location of Salzburg.
      He was born about 1730. The site I saw was either church records of
      baptisms, or city registers. Someone also said his father was Matthew Von
      Der Heidt. I am trying to find the Internet site again. It may have been
      something like Generations, but I am not sure. I am not even sure if there
      is a site called that.

      Evelyn

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30, 2007
        Thank you, Carol. I have checked most of the places you mention. Remember
        that this is a very early date for Georgia. What I am really trying to find
        is the Internet site that covers birth and baptism records for Salzburg and
        Austria. I just cannot recall the name of the site. All of my searches have
        produced nothing, but I know I saw it . It was one of the sites that you
        have to pay for. They were having their three days free trial period. It
        seems that it started with a “g.” Is there a site called something like
        “genealogy” that would have early records for European countries. The site I
        saw was in English except for the actual records that were photocopied.

        Evelyn

        _____

        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2007
          Dear Evelyn,
          Let me check some sources today to see if I can
          find the answer for you.
          As for boundaries, if I remember correctly, these
          changed following World War II. As you know, Hitler
          took over many neighboring countries. After the war,
          the Allies re-drew the boundaries of some of these
          countries to keep its fellow allies happy whether or
          not the citizens of these countries were themselves
          pleased with abruptly finding themselves citizens of
          some other country.
          Later, Carol

          === message truncated ===