Need Helping Looking Up Info?

  • Shade and Christine Barnes
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 19, 2007
      I am no longer able to afford Ancestry.com, but have been a member of this group for along time and need some help. I am still working on family tree info. I was wondering if someone would do some searching for me? I have some family tree look ups that I need.
      Need to know who William Franks born 1842 married, I know her first name is Mary someone told me they thought she was a Simpkins. His parents were William Franks and Betsy Gardner.

      Also this William Franks born 1842 and Mary had children, I need to have the following looked up to see who they married and children, They had a son named Norman Franks born 1870, Daughter named Annie Franks born 1872, a daughter Narcissus Franks born 1876, and a daughter Holland Franks born 1880.

      I would appreciate look ups on these people thank you all.

      Deborah S Barnes

      P.S. These people lived in Craven County, Vanceboro area.
    • LdMel1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 19, 2007
        1880 United States Federal Census 1880 United States Federal Census
        Name:William Franks
        Home in 1880:Township 1, Craven, North Carolina
        Age:38
        Estimated birth year:abt 1842
        Birthplace:North Carolina
        Relation to head-of-household:Self (Head)
        Spouse's name:Mary
        Father's birthplace:NC
        Mother's birthplace:NC
        Neighbors:View others on page
        Occupation:Farmer
        Marital Status:Married
        Race:White
        Gender:Male
        Cannot read/write:

        Blind:

        Deaf and dumb:

        Otherwise disabled:

        Idiotic or insane:View image
        Household Members:NameAge
        William Franks38
        Mary Franks38
        William Franks16
        Noah Franks14
        Charles Franks12
        Norman Franks10
        Annie Franks8
        Noria Franks6
        Narcissus Franks4
        Holland Franks10M

        Source Citation: Year: 1880; Census Place: Township 1, Craven, North Carolina; Roll: T9_959; Family History Film: 1254959; Page: 162.3000; Enumeration District: 35; Image: 0490.

        Have a blessed day
        Linda

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 19, 2007
          1860 United States Federal Census
          Name:Andrew Franks
          Age in 1860:80
          Birth Year:abt 1780
          Birthplace:Spain
          Home in 1860:Neuse River, Craven, North Carolina
          Gender:Male
          Post Office:Swift Creek

          Household Members:NameAge
          Andrew Franks80
          Patcy Franks50
          Barzilla Franks17
          Andrew Franks16
          Nahab Franks22
          Anise Franks17

          This may be some of your family. I note on the 1850 ori copy it has William born in Spain, index has born NC which is most likely wrong. Also Patcy age 50 is not clear on ori so it could be 20 or 30.
          In the Vina Wiggins hh there is one William Frank age 20 and Elizabeth Frank age 7.

          Have a blessed day
          Linda

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 19, 2007
            1930 United States Federal Census 1930 United States Federal Census
            Name:Norman G Franks
            Home in 1930:Township 1, Craven, North Carolina
            Age:60
            Estimated birth year:abt 1870
            Birthplace:North Carolina
            Relation to Head of House:Head
            Spouse's name:Malicia
            Race:White
            Occupation:

            Education:

            Military Service:

            Rent/home value:

            Age at first marriage:

            Parents' birthplace:View image
            Neighbors:View others on page
            Household Members:NameAge
            Norman G Franks60
            Malicia Franks55
            Magaline Franks16

            Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Township 1, Craven, North Carolina; Roll: 1683; Page: 4A; Enumeration District: 3; Image: 610.0.

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 19, 2007
              North Carolina Death Collection, 1908-1996 North Carolina Death Collection, 1908-1996
              Name:Norman A Franks
              Death Date:4 Jul 1943
              Death County:Beaufort
              Death State:North Carolina
              Death Age:73

              Birth Date:1870

              Race:White

              Source:NC State Archives. North Carolina Deaths, 1908-67

              Source Citation: Source: NC State Archives. North Carolina Deaths, 1908-67; Certificate: .

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 19, 2007
                Ancestry.com shows William Franks (b. 1812 in Spain, d. in Craven County)
                who married Betsey Gardner (b. 1812) in Craven County, March 27, 1834.
                Their children are shown as
                1. William Franks b. 1842 in Vanceboro
                2. Patsy Ann Franks b. 1838
                3. Mary Franks b. 1840
                4. Betsey Franks b. 1844
                5. Amen Franks b. 1846.
                William Franks (b. 1842) is shown marrying Mary UNKNOWN. Their children (all
                born in Vanceboro) are listed as
                1. William Franks b. 10/30/1864, d. 10/16/1912, married Alice Ward
                2. Noah Franks b. 5/11/1866, d. 1/26/1926, married Sina Smith
                7 children: Bell (b. 1894), Ella (b. 12/23/1895), Henry Herman (b. 1906),
                Daisy (b. 1901), Tom (b. 1899), Samuel Bishop (b. 1/9/1903),
                & Martin (b. 5/20/1898)
                3. Charles Madison Franks b. 3/30/1868, married Maryetta Anderson
                7 children: Erenest Edward (b. 6/27/1893), Mary (b. 11/9/1894)
                Irene (b. 6/15/1899), Lilly (b. 12/15/1901)
                Terry (b. 10/1/1905), Cledus (b. 1910) & Glen G. (b. 11/5/1912)
                4. Norman Franks b. 1870 married Matilda UNKNOWN
                1 child: Magaline b. 1914
                5. Annie Franks b. 1872, no further information
                6. Noria Franks b. 1874, no further information
                7. Narcissus Franks b. 1876, no further information
                8. Holland Franks b. 1880, no further information
                A quick search for Norman Franks in Craven County in the 1910 and 1920
                Census records was not successful. The 1930 Census shows a Norman G Franks age 60
                and wife Malicia age 55 and daughter Magaline age 16 in Craven County,
                Township 1, District 3, however the birthplace of Norman and both of his parents is
                listed as South Carolina.