Easter Phoebe BLOUNT & Needham M. COWARD

  • Marcia McLawhorn
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2007
      Ruth,
      I have to start housework - Giving you a quick response. This is not where I found that info, but this is where it is now. Gotten with google search by "Easter Phoebe Blount".

      http://www.ewbarnard.com/ancestry/getperson.php?personID=I8832&tree=barnard

      Easter Phoebe BLOUNT [1,2,3]
      Sex Female

      Birth Abt 1750 [1,2]
      Alt Birth Abt 1760 [4]
      Alt Birth Between 1760 and 1761 [3]

      Died Abt 1793 North Carolina [2,3,4]
      Alt Death Abt 1790 North Carolina [3]
      Alt Death Bef 1793

      Person ID I8832 Barnard-Nelson-Dierlam
      Last Modified 26 Nov 2006

      Father Benjamin BLOUNT, b. Abt 1728
      Mother Elizabeth EVERETT, b. Abt 1730

      Family Needham M. COWARD, b. 1746, , Johnston, NC
      Alt Marriage Abt 1775 , Johnston, NC [2]
      Alt Marriage Abt 1775 Johnston Co., North Carolina [3]
      Alt Marriage Abt 1775 NC [4]
      Married Bef 1776 , Johnston, NC [1,2,3,4]

      Children
      > 1. Isaac Hardy COWARD, b. 10 Sep 1776, , Dobbs, NC
      2. Catherine COWARD, b. 1780, NC
      3. Anna COWARD, b. 1782, North Carolina
      4. Malachi COWARD, b. 1783, Dobbs Co., North Carolina
      5. Elizabeth COWARD, b. 1786, NC
      6. John COWARD, b. 1787, Dobbs Co., North Carolina
      7. Nancy COWARD, b. 25 Nov 1788, NC
      8. Zachariah COWARD, b. 1789, , Dobbs, NC
      9. Needham M COWARD, b. 1790, , Dobbs, NC

      Notes:
      Phebe's maiden name probably was Blount as Jacob B. Blount in his will names Isaac Hardee Coward as a recipient in 1778.
      Also Phebe may have died ca.1793 per ref. in Coward-Cowart Chronicles by Robert J. Robinson: Ref. m. of Needham Coward to Mary Lee Unknown abt.1793. [2,3]

      Sources
      1 [S39] Oliver and DeHoff Families, Suzanne Oliver, (//awt.ancestry.com)
      2 [S43] Cloudt Genealogy, Kenneth Rury, (//awt.ancestry.com)
      3 [S177] Perkins,Coward,Walker,Franklin,MacKillican and a few Others, Stuart MacKillican, (http://awt.ancestry.com)
      4 [S40] Kathy Reidy Family Tree, Kathy Reidy, (//awt.ancestry.com)

      Happy hunting, Marcia

      Ruth Fentress wrote:
      Marcia,
      I truly would like to know where you found Edward Coward, Jr.'s wife as Easter Phoebe BLOUNT ? I've never seen that anywhere.
      Ruth