Bennett Bell

  • Jo Webb
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2007
      Can anyone help me with the following family? I know Matilda Webb's father was Dempsey Webb. But who was his father. There was 3 Dempsey Webb's in Edgecombe County at the same time. This has been one gigantic big wall.

      Descendants of Bennett Bell

      Generation No. 1

      1. Bennett1 Bell He married Matilda Webb 26 Dec 1865 in Edgecombe County, North Carolina, daughter of Dempsey Webb and Polly Ritter. She was born 18331.

      Children of Bennett Bell and Matilda Webb are:

      2 i. John2 Bell1.

      3 ii. Charles A. Bell1.

      4 iii. Eason Bell1.

      5 iv. Heneritta Bell1.

      Endnotes

      1. 1870 Pitt County Census.

    • Evelyn Hendricks
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2007
        Don’t forget that there was more than one Matilda Webb too. One Matilda, the
        daughter of William Webb and Sally, was born 18 Feb. 1827 and died in 1902.
        She married Bryant Richard Gay who died while serving with the Home Guard
        during the Civil War.

        Matilda was the mother of eleven children, the last one born shortly after
        her husband died. That one was a daughter, Ida Matilda Gay. She was born 6
        Nov. 1863. She married William Henry Wheeler, Jr. She was my grandmother.

        Evelyn

        _____