[genpcfr] BIRD

  • Janice Tripp Gurganus
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 28, 1999
      The following information was found in a large cemetery on I-70 in Wright
      City, MO, on June 9, 1999.

      Large double headstones joined by an arch at the top on which was inscribed,
      "Natives of Henry County, Virginia"

      Marshall Bird                                     Mary J. Bird
      June 23, 1807                                   September 26, 1810
      July 10, 1880                                     July 15, 1880
      aged                                                   aged
      73 Y's  17 D's                                    69 Y's  9 M's  19 D's

                      Members of the Methodist Church

      I would appreciate hearing from anyone who might have ties to this family.
      I hope to eventually tie them into my own Bird/Byrd lines.

      Janice Tripp Gurganus
      janicegurganus@...

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr
    • Cemetaries@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 29, 1999
        Janice, are you related to any of the Bird's inf Ga. thanks Andy in Jax. Fl.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 30, 1999
          Andy,

          So far, all of my Bird/Byrd families are in NC; however, later research
          could take them to GA. In talking with family members, I think they came
          out of VA and into Beaufort Co, NC, then into Pitt Co, NC. If I find a GA
          connection, I'll let you know.

          Janice

          eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr
        • AjusBjus@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 30, 1999
            Did you know there are Bird families in Fl.? There are Birds on the next road
            over from me.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 30, 1999
              Barbara,

              Don't know any Bird families in FL; talk with them and find out if they
              came out of NC.

              Janice

              eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr
            • pat trigilio
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 30, 1999
                I was looking for an Abby Byrd who married Wm. Nelson.
                I still can't verify this, but if anyone has anything on them, please sound
                off........
                Pat

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 30, 1999
                  Janice,
                  Do you know anything about an Abby Byrd marrying a William Nelson in the
                  1700s??

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 30, 1999
                    Pat,

                    I don't have anything on Abby Bird in my files. Hope someone will be able
                    to help you.

                    Janice

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 30, 1999
                      There is only one left. One just died two weeks ago. I'll see what i can find
                      out for you.

                      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr
                    • Martha Marble
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 30, 1999
                        The ones in Leon Co, Fla came out of Lenoir Co - Nathan Byrd who was a
                        members of the NC and FLA Legislature. There was another one also, might
                        have been Joshua - probably a brother, but not my line. Lots of Byrd
                        documents that prove lineage exists in private documents on the Lenoir Co
                        Archives site - Lovit Hines COllection and the James and Wait Hines
                        Collection which will be sent to Betsy this week to post. Cemetery records
                        in Fla prove it - they will also go to Betsy this week.

                        Martha

                        At 09:37 AM 6/30/99 -0400, you wrote:
                        >Barbara,
                        >
                        >Don't know any Bird families in FL; talk with them and find out if they
                        >came out of NC.
                        >
                        >Janice

                        >FreeShop is the #1 place for free and trial offers and great deals!
                        >Try something new and find out how you could win two round-trip tickets

                        >anywhere in the U.S.! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/368
                        >

                        >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr

                        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr
                      • Michael Johnson
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 30, 1999
                          According to the Virginia Vital Records, information provided with the will
                          of Colonel William Byrd, Abby Bird, born November 4, 1767, married Judge
                          William Nelson. The wills of both Colonel William Byrd and his wife Mary
                          Willing Byrd of Westover, Virginia lists lots of good information and of
                          course lists all the children by both wives.

                          Cheers from the Eastern Shores of the Chesapeake Bay, Mike
                          researching:
                          Mother - Va, NC, Eng, Ger - Collins, Stokes, Venters, Ives, Hartsfield,
                          Adams, Buck, Mills, Weeks, Etheridge, Cannon, Hardy/Hardee, Smith,
                          Watkins/Wadkins.
                          - Va, DC, Md, Ire, Eng - Nicholson, Bartlett, Fitzpatrick,
                          Cullen, Deeton, Ramsbottom, Sandy.
                          Father - Va, Ky, In, NY, NJ, RI, Cn, Ma, Eng, Swe - Johnson, Inderwood,
                          Worden, Wells, Holley, Wilcox, Potter, Hazard, Palmer, Gilbert, Short,
                          Allen, Taffey, Garrison, Winslow.
                          - Va, Ky, In, NC, Pa, Eng, Indian - Martin, Barnett, Dobbs,
                          Taylor, Heath, Mendenhall, Battin, Strode, Royall, Rolfe, Graves, Croshaw,
                          White.
                          Mother-in-Law - Va, Ky, Md, Ire, Eng, Scot, Ger, Indian - Ritchie, Keith,
                          Ringley, Addington, Cromwell, Hutchinson, Green Howerton, Lauderdale,
                          Maitland, Dingus, Kelker, McConnell.
                          - Va, Ky, Eng - Jones, Dotson/Dodson, Bedsaul,
                          Edwards, Norcross, Scaife, Boone?.
                          Father-in-Law - Va, Md, DC, Eng - Stone, Wood, Jenkins
                          - Va, Md, DC - Rowe, Redford, Taylor, Sledd, Leitch

                          Do you know anything about an Abby Byrd marrying a William Nelson in the
                          1700s??
                          Pat

                          >From: "Janice Tripp Gurganus" <janicegurganus@...>
                          >To: <genpcfr@egroups.com>
                          >Subject: [genpcfr] Re: BIRD
                          >Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 09:37:47 -0400
                          >
                          >Barbara,
                          >
                          >Don't know any Bird families in FL; talk with them and find out if they
                          >came out of NC.
                          >
                          >Janice

                          >FreeShop is the #1 place for free and trial offers and great deals!
                          >Try something new and find out how you could win two round-trip tickets
                          >anywhere in the U.S.! http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/368
                          >

                          >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/genpcfr

                          ----

                          Click Here!

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 1, 1999
                            Do you have naything on the marriage of Wm. and Abby especially their
                            children. I am looking to see if Jonas Nelson, Sr. was listed.
                            Thanks, Pat