Re: [genpcncfir] Response to New Change?? -- play around some...

  • Bob Forbes
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2007
      Dear Jewelle & Group - The new Yahoo format uses "text boxes" for previous msgs and other misc. info in order to save space. These text boxes look and behave a little like photos, but most folks (depending on your email program) will find that by experimenting with your mouse (mostly by using left clicks, right clicks, and cut & paste functions) that you can still go inside the text box and delete selected parts of a msg by blocking the selected text and using "cut" to delete it. Once inside the text box, you can also add your own comment. By finding the text box borders and corners with your mouse, you can also remove those boxes in their entirety or reduce the size of the boxes, depending on the types of little arrows that show up when you find the border. Or you can go straight to the Yahoo genpcncfir website and respond to msgs there. Any way you do it, it appears that Yahoo's new format generally removes duplicate tags and ads. The bad news is that they have to include those ads and tags for revenue, the good news is that the new features will usually remove the duplication so they show up only once.

      Play around a little with the mouse's left click, right click, and drag & drop features, and I think you'll find that you can do all the things with msg responses, etc., that you could do in the previous format (note that I just saved the first couple sentences in Marcia's orig. msg below). Don't worry about messing up a previous msg -- they're all stored for posterity on the website, which is becoming quite a useful reference itself via the archives of all those postings over the years!

      Maybe this will be helpful to some...

      Happy Super Bowl Sun.!

      Bob Forbes
      bforbes@...