RE: [genpcncfir] Arden Nichols

  • Evelyn Hendricks
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 16, 2007
      Are the Hemby’s in this cemetery related to John Hemby/Henby whose daughter
      married Gilead Thigpen? John was born about 1720 and died about 1775 in
      Perquiman’s Precinct. His daughter Elizabeth was born in 1756.

      Evelyn

      _____

      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 17, 2007
        Dear John,
        Almost certainly there are mentions of Jeremiah in
        the Quarterlies of the Pitt County Family Researchers
        that I have at home. Also you can go to the PCFR web
        at http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr and go through both
        on-line resources and related links to learn more. I
        especially like the web of Lisa Scarola, "Some Pitt
        County McGowans and Sermons" because it covers nearly
        all of us. I cannot count the hours I have spent at
        this site nor count the rewards I have gotten thereby.
        Also Roger Kammerer's incredible contributions to
        the on-line resources along with those of Bill
        Kittrell and Elizabeth Ross--cemetery records, photos,
        history, marriage records, census and family records.
        It's a gold mine.
        Later, Carol

        Never miss an email again!
      • John Nichols
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 17, 2007
          Carol,
          Thanks, I would love to order those. If you get a chance, can you let me
          know what issues they are and I will order back issues? In the meantime, I
          am going to sign up. I think Bill Kittrell sent me a copy of his tree last
          year and I got a lot if info to add to mine. I am up to about 250 people now
          and my daughter is excited as I am. Thanks again for all your help.
          Shortly after I moved to Michigan in 1999, I found out that I had family
          from Pitt County here, so I looked up the only suvivor at the time. Samuel
          Lewis Flake Jr. He had a sister named Peggy Flake, children of Bessie
          Nichols (Jeremiah's Daughter) and Samuel Flake Sr. That was neat to find
          family here I never known.

          --- John Nichols <johncn@...> wrote:

          > Thank you very much. I was down there for a weeking
          > during New Year's, but
          > could not do anything. The next time I go down
          > there, I am going to try to
          > find some papers from the county records when
          > Jerimiah was mayor and JP, as
          > well as a copy of Thomas Perdew's civil war pension
          > papers. Again thank you
          > and I will remind you about the pictures.
          >
          > John Nichols

          Never miss an email again!

          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 18, 2007
            Dear John,
            I have had a similar experience here in Richmond,
            Viginia. I never knew I had a single Virginia tie much
            less a relative living here. I was able to trace the
            Cherry family to its arrival in Norfolk, Virginia in
            1632.
            Even later, I found roots in Calvert County,
            Maryland.
            It has been so exciting and rewarding. That's what
            keeps me at it.
            Later, Carol

            Get your own web address.