Arden Nichols

  • john t. smith
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 13, 2007
      I am hoping that I can find some one that lives in Pitt County that
      would be interested in taking some some pictures of Arden Nichols
      headstone and any nichols head stones at the Nichols-Hemby Cemetery on
      Bell Arthur Road east of Frog Level road? I am in Michigan and can
      not come down anytime soon. Thank you

      John Nichols
      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 16, 2007
        Dear John,
        I expect to head to Greenville in March. If nobody
        helps you out before then, give me a reminder. I'll
        take camera in tow.
        In the meantime, I will phone my cousin who is a
        Nichols and who is compiling research on her family
        and see if she has a photo already.
        Nichols is one of the paternal lines in my own
        family, and I have done research on this family back
        through Arden.
        Later, Carol
        --- "john t. smith" <johncn@...> wrote:

        > I am hoping that I can find some one that lives in
        > Pitt County that
        > would be interested in taking some some pictures of
        > Arden Nichols
        > headstone and any nichols head stones at the
        > Nichols-Hemby Cemetery on
        > Bell Arthur Road east of Frog Level road? I am in
        > Michigan and can
        > not come down anytime soon. Thank you
        >
        > John Nichols

        http://new.mail.yahoo.com
      • Evelyn Hendricks
        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 16, 2007
          Are the Hemby’s in this cemetery related to John Hemby/Henby whose daughter
          married Gilead Thigpen? John was born about 1720 and died about 1775 in
          Perquiman’s Precinct. His daughter Elizabeth was born in 1756.

          Evelyn

          _____

          --- "john t. smith" <johncn@umich. <mailto:johncn%40umich.edu> edu> wrote:

          > I am hoping that I can find some one that lives in
          > Pitt County that
          > would be interested in taking some some pictures of
          > Arden Nichols
          > headstone and any nichols head stones at the
          > Nichols-Hemby Cemetery on
          > Bell Arthur Road east of Frog Level road? I am in
          > Michigan and can
          > not come down anytime soon. Thank you
          >
          > John Nichols

          http://new.mail <http://new.mail.yahoo.com> yahoo.com

        • John Nichols
          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 16, 2007
            Thank you very much. I was down there for a weeking during New Year's, but
            could not do anything. The next time I go down there, I am going to try to
            find some papers from the county records when Jerimiah was mayor and JP, as
            well as a copy of Thomas Perdew's civil war pension papers. Again thank you
            and I will remind you about the pictures.

            John Nichols

            http://new.mail.yahoo.com

            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 17, 2007
              Dear John,
              Almost certainly there are mentions of Jeremiah in
              the Quarterlies of the Pitt County Family Researchers
              that I have at home. Also you can go to the PCFR web
              at http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr and go through both
              on-line resources and related links to learn more. I
              especially like the web of Lisa Scarola, "Some Pitt
              County McGowans and Sermons" because it covers nearly
              all of us. I cannot count the hours I have spent at
              this site nor count the rewards I have gotten thereby.
              Also Roger Kammerer's incredible contributions to
              the on-line resources along with those of Bill
              Kittrell and Elizabeth Ross--cemetery records, photos,
              history, marriage records, census and family records.
              It's a gold mine.
              Later, Carol

              Never miss an email again!
            • John Nichols
              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 17, 2007
                Carol,
                Thanks, I would love to order those. If you get a chance, can you let me
                know what issues they are and I will order back issues? In the meantime, I
                am going to sign up. I think Bill Kittrell sent me a copy of his tree last
                year and I got a lot if info to add to mine. I am up to about 250 people now
                and my daughter is excited as I am. Thanks again for all your help.
                Shortly after I moved to Michigan in 1999, I found out that I had family
                from Pitt County here, so I looked up the only suvivor at the time. Samuel
                Lewis Flake Jr. He had a sister named Peggy Flake, children of Bessie
                Nichols (Jeremiah's Daughter) and Samuel Flake Sr. That was neat to find
                family here I never known.

                --- John Nichols <johncn@...> wrote:

                > Thank you very much. I was down there for a weeking
                > during New Year's, but
                > could not do anything. The next time I go down
                > there, I am going to try to
                > find some papers from the county records when
                > Jerimiah was mayor and JP, as
                > well as a copy of Thomas Perdew's civil war pension
                > papers. Again thank you
                > and I will remind you about the pictures.
                >
                > John Nichols

                Never miss an email again!

                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 18, 2007
                  Dear John,
                  I have had a similar experience here in Richmond,
                  Viginia. I never knew I had a single Virginia tie much
                  less a relative living here. I was able to trace the
                  Cherry family to its arrival in Norfolk, Virginia in
                  1632.
                  Even later, I found roots in Calvert County,
                  Maryland.
                  It has been so exciting and rewarding. That's what
                  keeps me at it.
                  Later, Carol

                  Get your own web address.