Re: Worthington-Nichols

  • rebendever
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 8, 2007
      Our family records indicate that Nancy Witherington (c.1799) is
      second wife to Elisha F. Nichols married about c.1830.
      nancy & Elisha had three children: Richard (1834), Arcina (1838) &
      Beady (1840) Nichols. I don't know when nancy passed by Elisha
      remarries after nancy passes.

      I am new to this group so i will introduce myself. My name is Richard
      E. Bendever and Elisha F. Nichols if ggg grandfather to my Nana (my
      grandmother, Eliza Belle Nichols 1907-1997)

      Our tree has a great deal of information on this family but we also
      have a lot of holes, too. I have been posting the information as I
      have time and I still have a buch more to post. You can find our link
      to Elisha F. Nichols at www.DEBENLLC.com or contact me directly at
      rebendever @...

      Thanks in advance for the assistance, Richard
      --- Original message from "Charity Ackerman" <charity46@...> wrote:

      > Dani,
      > Do you have a list of Nancy's siblings?. My gggrandmother was Lois
      Hardison
      > and the Worthington's are there also.
      > Charity
    • Marcia McLawhorn
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 9, 2007
        Dear Richard E. Bendever,

        I looked at your web site. It appears that you are indicating that Rebecca Hewitt (b:1848) daughter of Benjamin Hewitt and Isabella [Sellers] Hewitt Nichols Minton, who is the second wife of Elisha F. Nichols, married secondly James Wiley Nichols, son of Elisha F. Nichols' and his first wife.

        Age isn't quite right, I found a 1880 census for the Rebecca and James Wiley Nichols' (1841-1869) children:
        1880 Household:
        Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace W.H. DYKES Self M Male W 46 FL Farmer SC GA Rebecca DYKES Wife M Female W 41 NC House Keeper NC NC M.L. DYKES Son Male W 20 FL Laborer FL NC John R. HAMILTON SSon Male W 18 FL Laborer FL NC Isabella NICHOLS SDau S Female W 13 FL Laborer FL NC Sarah NICHOLS SDau S Female W 11 FL FL NC James Y. NICHOLS SSon S Male W 9 FL FL NC Alex M. DYKES Son S Male W 6 FL FL NC Mary E. DYKES Dau S Female W 4 FL FL NC

        ---------------------------------
        Source Information:
        Census Place Precinct 10, Jackson, Florida Family History Library Film 1254128 NA Film Number T9-0128 Page Number 577C

        next door is probably another son of Rebecca's:
        1880 Household:
        Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace William H. HAMILTON Self Male W 21 FL Farmer FL NC

        ---------------------------------
        Source Information:
        Census Place Precinct 10, Jackson, Florida Family History Library Film 1254128 NA Film Number T9-0128 Page Number 577D

        Next door to him is probably son of Isabella [Sellers] Hewitt Nichols Minton, 3rd wife of Elisha F. Nichols. Is he married to Julia Nichols, daughter of Sarah Ann Hall and Alfred Nichols (son of Elisha F. Nichols first wife)? Her age is right, but birth state wrong! The given names are within greater family.
        1880 Household:
        Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace Hayden HEWETT Self M Male W 30 FL Farmer NC NC Julia HEWETT Wife M Female W 30 FL House Keeper NC NC John HEWETT Son S Male W 12 FL Laborer FL FL Nelson HEWETT Son S Male W 10 FL Laborer FL FL Green HEWETT Son S Male W 8 FL FL FL Elizabeth HEWETT Dau S Female W 6 FL FL FL Rebecca HEWETT Dau S Female W 4 FL FL FL Nancey Ella HEWETT Dau S Female W 1 FL FL FL
        ---------------------------------

        Source Information:
        Census Place Precinct 10, Jackson, Florida Family History Library Film 1254128 NA Film Number T9-0128 Page Number 577D

        Next door to him is probably son:
        1880 Household:
        Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace J.M. HEWETT Self M Male W 44 NC Farmer NC NC Manda HEWETT Wife M Female W 35 FL House Keeper NC NC Emma HEWETT Dau Female W 14 FL Laborer FL FL Allice HEWETT Dau S Female W 10 FL Laborer FL FL Randy HEWETT Dau S Female W 8 FL FL FL Thomas HEWETT Son S Male W 7 FL FL FL Mitchael HEWETT Son S Male W 4 FL FL FL Babe HEWETT Son S Male W 1 FL FL FL

        Source Information:
        Census Place Precinct 10, Jackson, Florida Family History Library Film 1254128 NA Film Number T9-0128 Page Number 577D

        Next door to him is probably mom: 1880 Household:
        Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace Isabella MINTON Mother Female W 62 NC Boarder NC NC