Jackson line - DAR?

  • nsutti
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
      Does anybody know if anyone of the Jackson line was part of the
      American revolution? I'm hoping I can join DAR - Daughters of the
      American Revolution. I know we are Daughters of the Confederacy.

      see lineage - http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?
      op=DESC&db=feonadorf&id=I021361

      Thanks,
      Nicole
    • LdMel1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
        I have not been researching the Jackson line long and do not have a lot of information on them. Sorry I can not be of any help at this time.

        Have a blessed day
        Linda

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
          Nicole,
          Go to the DAR Patriot Index (in most libraries) and look up your ancestor. You will probably have to be more specific, using given names to determine eligibility. In other words, the research has to be done to determine your ancestor and then see if he participated.
          If you can' find YOUR ancestor in the Index, it doesn't necessarily mean that he didn't participate; he just has not been previously proved.
          You did not give your state of residency but there are many members, nationwide, who can help you after you determine your lineage.
          Edith Cox

          Edith M. Cox
          NCSDAR Registrar
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11, 2007
            My wive is descended from Redding Jackson (1820-1897), the son of Sadrack
            Jackson (1778-1852), the son of John Jackson, the son of Joseph Jackson.
            There was a Joseph Jackson in the Militia from North Carolina and a John
            Jackson from Wilmington District. Both could be her ancestor but no proof.

            Larry Bodoh