Re:More photos posted to the genpcncfir site - Forbes Cemetery at

  • Bob Forbes
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
      Doni - It appears we are related along our Evans lines, which run
      together at John Snowood Evans's grandfather Amos Evans (1763-1837,
      gr-grandfather of your gg-grandfather Amos Evans, 1823-1888). The
      earlier Amos Evans had a daughter Martha b.1805 who married my gg
      grandfather Alfred Forbes (1806-1847). I have several other
      connections with your Evans line: Artemissa's brother William J.
      Evans (1824-1872) married my great-grand aunt Susan Caroline Forbes
      (1835-1908) and they are both buried in the Evans-Forbes cemetery on
      Falkland Hwy near my old homeplace. Another brother of Artimissa
      Evans, Richard Evans (1816-1861), had a son, Gus Forbes Evans (1843-
      1917), who raised my grandfather Gus Evans Forbes (1878-1951). They
      are also both buried in the same Evans-Forbes cemetery. Offline, I
      have sent you a photo of that cemetery and a genealogy report on John
      Evans, said to be the common ancestor of most of the Pitt County
      Evans clan.

      Thanks for responding!

      Bob Forbes
      bforbes@...

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Jones Overton"
      <doverton1@...>
      wrote:

      > Bob thanks for posting those photos. Artimissa was my gg aunt,
      daughter of John S Evans 1785-1838 and Nancy Proctor 1782-1877. Amos
      Evans, her brother, was my gg grandfather.
      > Great pictures and thanks for taking the time! When I get to Pitt
      Co
      and eat at Parkers, I also have to take a walk-lol.

    • cherylannjones@juno.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
        Is this the EVANS line that comes out of Virginia with father John
        Evans, and sons Amos Evans, Ephraim Evans and Moses Evans?

        Cheryl
      • Bob Forbes
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2007
          Cheryl - my research shows that, yes, it is the same Evans line you
          refer to below, which I have confirmed back to John and those 3 sons
          via several different sources. I'll send you the list of
          descendants I have on this John Evans when I get back to my home
          computer this evening. In return, I'd like to find out whatever
          info you have on the same line, esp. if it includes names and
          locations of residence in VA and/or dates, locations, names, etc of
          that line's migration to NC.

          The Evans, Forbes, and Tyson (Tison) families were so closely
          intertwined in Pitt County in the late 1700's thru 1800's, that I
          suspect they may have known each other in generations prior, and may
          have migrated down from VA together in the late 1600's, stopping for
          awhile in the Albemarle area before venturing to Bath & Beaufort
          County where most of them show up in the mid-1700's, prior to Pitt
          County's charter in 1761. I'd be very interested in whatever info
          you may have on any of these families from mid-1700's and before.

          Thanks!

          Bob Forbes
          bforbes@...

          --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "cherylannjones@..."