John BASS, age 102+ Demise

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2006
      Hello Group....
      The below BASS information is quite incredible! Our recently departed member, Linda BOTTOMS Bass, is, more than likely, having quite a BASS conversation with him as we speak.

      Greg DICK, one of his GGGrandchildren, informed me of the below death:
      John BASS age 102, b.1903 +_... would have finished his 103rd year later this month..... passed away... had 8 children of his own..... 313 grandch.... ggc...gggcetc b. Hamlet, Richmond ??? Co ... lived most of his life in Derby, N.C., Montgomery Co, and was very active and aware until his demise. The day before, he told his family that he was "ready to go" and passed away peacefully in his sleep that night. Truly! One of God's own!

      I, personally, would have loved to have known him and listen to the tales of his life.

      Hope ALL of you will be surrounded by your loving family for the Holidays.... a fine time to instill a love of "family-lore" to your young ones!
      Jewelle

      jewelle@...
      jewellebaker@...
      Researching: (Main Capitalized)